PDA

View Full Version : Gigantic Bass caught and released and Myth Busted

VineAssist
07-22-2012, 12:05 PM
As the title reads a gigantic bass was caught, photgraphed and released last night! Joey "DK" Neinhuis of Newport Beach caught this 11.14lb Largmouth Bass while fishing a texas rigged 13in Uptons Customs Plastic Worm near Trout Island.
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/joeydknienhuis1114.jpg
Joey fishes the lake very hard and is a member of the Irvine Lake 300 club. I dont think he has missed a weekend of night fishing this year or for the last three years in fact. He has put his time on the water and a ton of perseverance went into this fish. A huge congratulations to Mr. Joey "DK" Neinhuis!

Now the second part of the title is not so obvious. So here it goes! Terry "Pontoon" Lairson and Chris "Trollmiester" Hagopian went on a mission last night to prove that you can catch Catfish and Crappie while having the Crappie light out! There seems to be this huge myth floating around that the Crappie light scares the Catfish away! Well we will let the picture do the talking as they say "the prove is in the pudding or this case picture!"
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa447/MEDIA4IRVINELAKE/Terry-2.jpg
Here is Mr Terry Lairson with a 10.12 Channel Catfish he caught while fishing Mackeral dipped in Watermelon???? (if you know these two you will get it) while the crappie light was on, a 1.8 Crappie caught on a mealworm and a 2.6 Rainbow Trout also caught on a mealworm.

HawgZWylde
07-22-2012, 12:52 PM
Nice fat pig! Big congrats to Joey. Kudos for payin the dues dude. That fish is a prime example why we do what we do. While some have all the luck, like the ones who actually win the lottery, the rest of us have to put in the time and work for our rewards. You did, and now you got that fat DD to show for it. Congratulations!

Kudos to the S.W.A.T. guys, hope you got that on film. I'd watch a show like "Dock Talk Busters"...

VineAssist
07-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Nice fat pig! Big congrats to Joey. Kudos for payin the dues dude. That fish is a prime example why we do what we do. While some have all the luck, like the ones who actually win the lottery, the rest of us have to put in the time and work for our rewards. You did, and now you got that fat DD to show for it. Congratulations!

Kudos to the S.W.A.T. guys, hope you got that on film. I'd watch a show like "Dock Talk Busters"...

He did put in the time and effort! And I am glad somebody got the refrence to the myth busters!

good kentucky
07-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Wow that is a BEAST!!! Awesome job!!