PDA

View Full Version : Fishing in the Antelope Valley?

JFishing
07-22-2012, 02:20 AM
Hello everyone, kinda new here, been lurking for a couple months after picking up my rods again after a few years of being busy. Got a question maybe someone here can help me out with. I'm heading to Palmdale next weekend to visit some relatives, thought about taking out the cousins fishing. I've read a lot about fishing the aqueduct, but I think I'd rather get some sunfish action to entertain the cousins, maybe a little lmb. I've narrowed it down to these possibilities after looking for spots in the Antelope Valley:

Elizabeth Lake
Little Rock Reservoir
Jackson Lake
Apollo Park

However, I haven't been able to find any recent reports to know if these places still have some decent shore action. I'm not really looking to steal all your hotspots in these places, I can try to figure that out once I'm there, but it would help me get started to know which places are just not worth going to. Any info would be appreciated :)

-J

fishinarteest
07-24-2012, 01:05 PM
Hello everyone, kinda new here, been lurking for a couple months after picking up my rods again after a few years of being busy. Got a question maybe someone here can help me out with. I'm heading to Palmdale next weekend to visit some relatives, thought about taking out the cousins fishing. I've read a lot about fishing the aqueduct, but I think I'd rather get some sunfish action to entertain the cousins, maybe a little lmb. I've narrowed it down to these possibilities after looking for spots in the Antelope Valley:

Elizabeth Lake
Little Rock Reservoir
Jackson Lake
Apollo Park

However, I haven't been able to find any recent reports to know if these places still have some decent shore action. I'm not really looking to steal all your hotspots in these places, I can try to figure that out once I'm there, but it would help me get started to know which places are just not worth going to. Any info would be appreciated :)

-J

dont go to apollo park, they only stock trout during the spring and last i heard they stopped summer catfish stockings. theres baby carp in there but thats it. elizabeth is a good place to try when you hit the right spot you can get imediate hook ups. little rock res last i heard isn't even worth the time. I have never been to jackson lake so i cant help there. If you do decide to hit up the aqueduct make sure to get alot of pointers first. If you hit the aqueduct blind you will skunk, theres a method to fishing it successfully but it takes a few tries because this place is so unique in its approach to how you fish it.

PilgrimDG
07-24-2012, 07:52 PM
The AV is pretty dead right now, unless you can find the duct stripers, and it isn't easy. Elizabeth crappie are probably the best bet, but even that is slow. Try a jig and a crappie nibble. Bullheads will probably still hit a worm there.

fishinarteest
07-24-2012, 11:01 PM
The AV is pretty dead right now, unless you can find the duct stripers, and it isn't easy. Elizabeth crappie are probably the best bet, but even that is slow. Try a jig and a crappie nibble. Bullheads will probably still hit a worm there.

duct catfish are off the hook every summer. Im killin em down here, but again the duct is unique so if one doesnt know how to fish then you will skunk.

HidenKage
07-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Ever think of trying Quail Lake? Went there this Monday hooked up a 3lbs channel.