PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim Lake 7/19/2012: You can lead a horse to water...

sapdawg11
07-21-2012, 04:54 PM
...and even he could smash fish here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGjYuQ3KZtY&feature=youtu.be

I am still in a bit of shock. All of the footage above was taken over all of 1.5 hours after work...The camera never stopped rolling.

I've been keeping this under wraps for the last few days, pm'ing those that I knew would be interested to go get their butts on the water. Several followed suit, did the right things and were rewarded accordingly. I promised to give them a few days shot at this and obviously, it's Saturday and that grace period has passed...It's your turn.

This is happening all over the west side of the lake. Bring a sonar, find the spaghetti in about 40-50 feet and bounce a bait off of their heads. If you are unsure of what the "spaghetti" will look like, here ya go:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/sapdawg11/sonarspaghetti.png

I know that's a bit tough to see but I also know that anyone that knows how to read a sonar just about fell out of their seats! That entire black glob from 30-50 feet consists of beautiful blue catfish. I was catching doubles on a single rod with one fish on the hook and another fish wrapped in the line above it. And if a fish avoided being wrapped by it's fanatical and hooked colleague, that beautiful green braid was consistently returning fully slimed. No joke, it was simply that thick with fish. If you don't get bit and it doesn't happen fast, you are doing something wrong as these fish are really eager to die. The absence of a bite on a 5-10 minute soak should tell you that you're in the wrong place, move on. Anything plus a marshmallow on a 2 foot leader will get you bit. I ran a 3/8 oz slider on 12 pound power pro braid, carolina rigged above a #4 hook tied on a 10 pound mono leader.

As always guys, A HUGE THANKS for taking a look and a read!! Truly a memorable day of fishing and I cannot wait to get back out there. Any questions about anything at all, don't hesitate to ask guys! And most importantly...GET OUT THERE AND HAVE FUN!!!!

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u15/sapdawg11/IMG_8989.jpg

LuckyCraft420
07-21-2012, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the report and awesome video. I'm hoping to get out there next week.

phishin phool
07-21-2012, 07:14 PM
Good to see the 'ol yella fish slaya back in video on the board bro.

fishinglakes.com
07-21-2012, 07:51 PM
Aaron is back!! You are truly the Master!! Trout, bass, crappie, catfish, tuna, seabass, yellows... When you got it, you got it. Thanks for the treat... It's been a while and you have been missed, but we all know how new jobs and new babys can seriously cut into fishing time. However, you certainly have not lost your touch. Good job out there!!
Craig

TUNAVIC
07-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Nice report and video and very informative also,I used to work a block from there,now retired,but of course you never retire from fishing,gotta get out to that lake.Thanks

Cya Tuna Vic

InspectaDekz
07-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Nice job sapdawg! That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for sharing this 411.

Marley
07-21-2012, 10:32 PM
Yup, that's how it happened last weekend for me, too. I don't have a graph but I'm pretty sure it would have shown lasagna. Or something like that...
It's a pretty sick thing to be on!

HookedUptuber
07-22-2012, 12:26 AM
Just got back from Anaheim didn't see this video but didn't run the finder due to the battery being dead first time my girl and I didnt limit we got 8 but they were big. We would get into a spot catch and some shore anglers were throwing 4oz pluse weights at US purposely trying to hit us then yelling that we're in there fishing area. Seriously lol but because of that we couldn't get in on the bite but we still managed to pull out a few GF had a double within minutes. Pure panic it was awesome :D lol I will def have to go back and look for the spagettie again

troutdog
07-22-2012, 12:28 AM
There ain't no fish in that lake :LOL:.... way to showem what "sapdawg", keep the reports comin!

TD

Haywood Jablome
07-22-2012, 10:51 AM
Just got back from Anaheim didn't see this video but didn't run the finder due to the battery being dead first time my girl and I didnt limit we got 8 but they were big. We would get into a spot catch and some shore anglers were throwing 4oz pluse weights at US purposely trying to hit us then yelling that we're in there fishing area. Seriously lol but because of that we couldn't get in on the bite but we still managed to pull out a few GF had a double within minutes. Pure panic it was awesome :D lol I will def have to go back and look for the spagettie again
there was a hook on it also, the guy was trying to snag your tube, it was my buddy, he got mad cause he had a line out already and you crossed it. no respect to the shore anglers, so he loaded it up and try to take you down. Would have been sweet if he made contact, ripped the tube then watch you scramble to shore lol. oh well in the end my buddy Craven Moorehead had 12 i had 3.

EfrenM
07-22-2012, 11:01 AM
one of the worst places to go .. there are more dead fish then alive fish .. over 70 fish just dead floating on the top .. no one was catching anything got there at 6 left at 10.. for it being open just for 9 days its in pretty bad shape already dirty water dead fish dead frogs and no more crystal clear water anymore..

HookedUptuber
07-22-2012, 11:53 AM
No respect my *** I was over 150 yards out there was clearly no respect for the tubers out in the water or consideration on your part. Your lucky I didnt call lake security on you fools. And your a fool if you think it would have ripped I had 5 lb cats hit the tube do u think a lil hook will do Damage ha and I know who u are.

phishin phool
07-22-2012, 01:07 PM
This is one of the main reasons I got into tubing. Too many a-holes on the shore. Add alcohol and it just gets worse. Everyone thinks they own the lake or they just show some serious ghetto behavior, like your "buddy." The fact that you find this funny tells us you are a "quality" fisherman(not) and shows your true character, or lack of.
there was a hook on it also, the guy was trying to snag your tube, it was my buddy, he got mad cause he had a line out already and you crossed it. no respect to the shore anglers, so he loaded it up and try to take you down. Would have been sweet if he made contact, ripped the tube then watch you scramble to shore lol. oh well in the end my buddy Craven Moorehead had 12 i had 3.

fishinglakes.com
07-22-2012, 01:36 PM
This is one of the main reasons I got into tubing. Too many a-holes on the shore. Add alcohol and it just gets worse. Everyone thinks they own the lake or they just show some serious ghetto behavior. The fact that you find this funny tells us you are a "quality" fisherman and shows your true character, or lack of.

NOTICE:
If anybody ever intentionally throws lead weights or weighted hooks at anybody for ANY REASON, please IMMEDIATELY REPORT IT to the Management and they will be 86'ed FOREVER!!
Craig

phishin phool
07-22-2012, 02:55 PM
Thank you Craig.
NOTICE:
If anybody ever intentionally throws lead weights or weighted hooks at anybody for ANY REASON, please IMMEDIATELY REPORT IT to the Management and they will be 86'ed FOREVER!!
Craig

OC ANGLER
07-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the report Aaron! Good to see your slay video again!

sapdawg11
07-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks for all of the kind words guys!! I've been fortunate enough to spend a substantial amount of time on a variety of bits of water over the last few weeks and for that alone I am blessed. The fish are just an added bonus. Truly guys, when I say that it feels so good to be back, I mean it!

Hookedup, don't bother with the "flames of the discontent". I've never met one member of "that" genre that I could rationalize spending 5 seconds of my life worrying about. Shoot me a pm with your cell and I'll pass mine back to you. If you ever need anything, you'll know where to find me. Let's get out there and share some water my man and we'll be sure to make some more land lubbers jealous!!!!

Terry!!!! I miss ya man. I was fishing the south cove in Corona a few weeks back and smiled thinking of not too many moons ago, having to watch you pound fish back there while I mostly sat and twiddled my thumbs. And you just name the time and place and I'll be there to do it again!! My turn to make you jealous though. Great hearing from ya bud.

HookedUptuber
07-22-2012, 05:19 PM
Thanks Craig. I've allways felt safe tubeing corona SARL and Anaheim regardless of this incident.

Sapdawg11 I will def shoot you the number my gf and I would def be honored to fish with you if you ever have the chance And make the land lubbers jealouse We do alot of fishing at corona mainly and well be there this wed night to tube in the dark I will be there Tuesday as well trying to get more go pro footage. :D

Haywood Jablome
07-22-2012, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=HookedUptuber;619523]No respect my *** I was over 150 yards out there was clearly no respect for the tubers out in the water or consideration on your part. Your lucky I didnt call lake security on you fools. And your a fool if you think it would have ripped I had 5 lb cats hit the tube do u think a lil hook will do Damage ha and I know who u are.[/QUOTE

His gf Clee Torris tried asking the security questions, but they shrugged their shoulders and said "no espek english" so good luck calling them. i didnt have a problem and told him it wasnt cool for him to do what he did but then you flipped me off and your gf didnt flash us so i got mad. my friend Hugh Jassole caught 12 and i only got three, that made me mad, could have gotten more. tight lines bud does anybody know when they are gonna stock the lingcod, water should be the right temp now.

Leejahd
07-22-2012, 08:31 PM
The video is great Aaron I like the second camera you have added for the different angle.The cat fish action looks great. You have to pay attention to that rod when your trying to unhook the cats! . I would say that the feeling of landing both of them is exciting! Keep up the videos.

HookedUptuber
07-22-2012, 08:49 PM
[QUOTE=HookedUptuber;619523]No respect my *** I was over 150 yards out there was clearly no respect for the tubers out in the water or consideration on your part. Your lucky I didnt call lake security on you fools. And your a fool if you think it would have ripped I had 5 lb cats hit the tube do u think a lil hook will do Damage ha and I know who u are.[/QUOTE

His gf Clee Torris tried asking the security questions, but they shrugged their shoulders and said "no espek english" so good luck calling them. i didnt have a problem and told him it wasnt cool for him to do what he did but then you flipped me off and your gf didnt flash us so i got mad. my friend Hugh Jassole caught 12 and i only got three, that made me mad, could have gotten more. tight lines bud does anybody know when they are gonna stock the lingcod, water should be the right temp now.

I didn't flip anyone one off and whats a finger going to do anyways? I have been as close as 25 yards from shore at corona and I've never had problems with catching people lines or crossing lines Ive been fishing for 22 years and I have consideration for other people lines including shore anglers what pissed me off was the fact of purposely trying to hit me with the line casting out reeling in and re casting when I clearly was out far beyond the limits of boats with out even saying anything from shore I have zero problems moving if people think I am to close but to try and take me out while im in the water is irresponsible. I go there to catch fish not deal with noobs on the shore with no fishing ethics. But anyways it's all good I ain't stressing about it just hope your buddie learns from this.

Haywood Jablome
07-22-2012, 09:03 PM
[QUOTE=Haywood Jablome;619587]

I didn't flip anyone one off and whats a finger going to do anyways? I have been as close as 25 yards from shore at corona and I've never had problems with catching people lines or crossing lines Ive been fishing for 22 years and I have consideration for other people lines including shore anglers what pissed me off was the fact of purposely trying to hit me with the line casting out reeling in and re casting when I clearly was out far beyond the limits of boats with out even saying anything from shore I have zero problems moving if people think I am to close but to try and take me out while im in the water is irresponsible. I go there to catch fish not deal with noobs on the shore with no fishing ethics. But anyways it's all good I ain't stressing about it just hope your buddie learns from this.

next time my friend Anita Lay is gonna bring this bad boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTzuWbYgjzs&feature=related

DotA
07-22-2012, 09:09 PM
.... .... :d

mjc89
07-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Seems like someone needs the ban hammer:Smash:. Someone who thinks its funny to hit or snag a tuber and see them swim to shore should not be on this board.

Haywood Jablome
07-22-2012, 10:03 PM
whoa whoa whoa bro didnt think it was funny just target practice for him no laughs

Haywood Jablome
07-22-2012, 10:04 PM
also there is an island that is so close to shore im sure someone will get hit sooner or later with something

5150fishn
07-23-2012, 08:05 PM
whoa whoa whoa bro didnt think it was funny just target practice for him no laughs

For a new guy on here you sure are trying to make friends! Try a positive fishing report. That is why we are here. Trying to hit a float tuber is just uncalled for!
Thanks for the report and video sapdawg! Glad to see you got out there and slayed um.

isanchez
07-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Yeah I remember seeing you out there you parked right behind me. Did that frog ever work out lol. It was nice to meet you.

HookedUptuber
07-24-2012, 03:43 PM
No stupid catfish ripped it off lol

isanchez
07-24-2012, 03:57 PM
lol. Hey it was worth a try though lol. maybe i can go out tubing with you guys some time.

fishfnatic
07-25-2012, 08:13 AM

Let me give you a piece of advice (not fishing related). Ignore this guy he is nothing but a worthless troll. Just look at his name, he is an obvious adolescent. He hasn't made a valuable contribution to this forum. Responding to him is just feeding his urge to troll more.

P.S. Nice job on the cats.

sapdawg,

Thanks for the video and info. Good job out there.

technician
07-25-2012, 11:47 AM

I'll tell you one thing, if you were to do that to me you wouldn't have to worry about security my friend. So disrespectful, the fact that you did it and then bragged about shows your stupidity.

fishinarteest
07-25-2012, 08:57 PM

What the? why would you intentionally hit some one on the water like that. thats stupid and irrensponsible. he was too close my foot, you guys were just pissed to see someone catch more fish than you. OH and spawdag good job out there your report made me wanna try this place, in spite of all the negative comments.

Surfnsnowboard3
07-26-2012, 09:02 AM
NOTICE:
Craig

I gotta give Corona credit for this. I was at Laguna fishing in a tube in February. A guy tried hitting me with a heavy sinker and began to cuss at me with his young son next to him. It was unbelievable. THEN, I hear the owner of the lake behind me in a tube yell at me (after seeing the shore guy intentionally try to hit me) to move away (I was 150 yds away). I haven't been back since.