PDA

View Full Version : 7/21 AM Perris Fishing Report

christopherstellar
07-21-2012, 03:08 PM
After being out of town for the last few weekends, I finally had a Saturday morning free to myself. I drove from the SGV to Perris and was waiting in line by 5:50 am. I brought my buddy Sean with me who had never caught a bass and hoped to put him on a few. After solving a quick battery issue on the new rig, we were on the water by 6:30 and had lines in the water by 6:45. We fished the East end of the lake and I focused on fishing between 8 to 18 ft of water, right along the weed lines. The bass were literally every where, busting bait on the surface. The shad they were chasing were smaller models and after throwing the spook for no love I decided to switch it up and fly line 4' flukes. That got us started with a couple of nice fish but the bite did not last long. Around 8 am I switched over to the drop shot and it was wide open. All the fish were smaller, between 10 and 16 inches but it was a lot of fun. I was throwing a 4 1/2 in curly tail Roboworm in purple smoke on a #1 Owner mosquito hook and a 3/16 Bakudan weight. I didn't bother fishing deep structure because of the weekend crowd, but will be back after seeing Pete's reports.

We got off the water by 10:30 am, just in time to miss most of the weekend crowd. Have a great weekend everybody and tight lines.

M@M
07-25-2012, 03:21 PM
Good Times! Thanks for the report and pics. I sure wish I could get out to Lake Perris more.