PDA

View Full Version : San antonio recon trip

TroutOnly
07-20-2012, 09:47 PM
finally got some time off on a new moon decided to take the drive to see what was happening,first thing was getting rained off and on from the grapevine till i arrived. had a long talk with the guy at the gate he had told me what had been going on this year and it wasnt good. hit the water and started out of harris creek worked the area for three hours with only week boils the sun came out and they were gone. i even tried dowrigging becuase i kept seeing stripers and shad at 25 ft in the open water.next was mid lake worked from the slide up ,it wasnt till i got around the bako-boys ramp i got the first mega slam, when the big boys up there grab youre troll you know it ,i stopped the boat ,could hardly get it out the rod holder from just sreaming drag and some head shake then nothing rolled it in to check it but no bent hooks or broken leader they just didnt get stuck worked the area for a couple hours for two more of those then alot of quiet ,so it was time to check up at the north end,lots of shad balls and stipeys chasing but no hits.after a a while it was time to recheck the bako-boys ramp lots of schooling fish but no action after a while i pulled up and headed back south did a lap around the south end for nothing but kept seeing pops topwater, then i got the idea if they wanted shad i would see if i could give them some. i headed back to the truck got one of my nets and my dipper for the livewell,headed to the first cove near the chalk cliffs worked to the back of the cove saw a little shad got a few few on a couple of dips ,worked over a couple coves got a bunch more ,then it was time for shocks alley thats were i saw the most afternoon popping. hardest part was finding a hook for the little shad finally found a couple then the fun was about to begin. after three or four quick grabs and get aways i got the hook in one and the fight was on,after a long fight on the light line the stripey was wacked. then i got three lmb's and a good fight with a smallie which i lost i was geting tired and was ready to go home , i wanted to stay till the next day and do some more fishing but the time is wrong ,i think it will be a real good fall bite all the way into the start of winter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0884zzzz--4444444.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0882zzz-2222222222.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0881zzzzzzz----1111111.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0885zzz-----333333.jpg

plumbertom
07-21-2012, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the update on my lake, Bob.
As much as I'd like I just don't have the funds to get there right now.
You'd think the $50+ for fuel and use fees would be simple.
Haven't been fishing in weeks, but I'm considering riding my Harley down and just fishing the beach or the bay.

fishinone
07-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the report Bob.

Way to keep trying untill you work it out.

You're the man!

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-25-2012, 12:41 PM
good work on the recon Bob....ya gotta take what ya can get at that lake...

When the luv begins raining down hard I'm sure you'll be there..

What happened to my call brutha...remember U n I talkin ? I was gonna take a day off work and meet U there...

I'll be takin' my next round of recon soon enuff since no else seems to be doing it other than You the bako boys and I.

Nice job on the shad feesh : )

Way ta go uncle Bob : )

Gary

Sluggo
07-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Bob,

Nice recon report. You worked the lake hard to find fish. If they will bite, you are the one to make it happen.

Thanks,

Sluggo

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the update on my lake, Bob.
As much as I'd like I just don't have the funds to get there right now.
You'd think the $50+ for fuel and use fees would be simple.
Haven't been fishing in weeks, but I'm considering riding my Harley down and just fishing the beach or the bay.

Since it’s YOUR lake. You need to be hitting it, how else can one claim it as THEIR lake..

I’ve seen you repeatedly speak of “Im going to be” hitting the water here and hitting the water there but I still have not seen report #1 from you..

I’ve monitored things from your end and you keep soliciting information in most of your posts or talk of going next week but never do..(not on this post though)

(i saw a shining example of this when you aksed about campgrounds at pyramid and we provided you the lowdown but you don't show)

How about CONTRIBUTING some information ?

What up ?

If it’s “your lake” I would expect to see you at least trying.

Really not trying to be a tool by calling this out but get in the game brutha’ seems like your just waiting for this small group of brave anglers to tell you “It’s ON” then you’ll go..

When do WE get the benefit of other anglers throwing the dice and trying to make something happen…and sharing their experience ?

Sorry but I had to call out an apple for an apple and an orange for an orange..

Venting~DONE

Big Daddy
07-25-2012, 10:56 PM
TO, what a great read man everytime I read your poetry I feel like I'm right there and then reality sets in that I am stuck at home or at work while you are out there living large. I will be so happy as soon as you accept my invitation to fish in my boat with me. Please put all of your demands down on paper so that I will be able to meet all of them in advance. All I want to do is see you in action and be your net man for the day. This is going to happen soon. Nice job as always my friend.

Your's Truly,
A striper wanna be killer,
BD

plumbertom
07-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Since it’s YOUR lake. You need to be hitting it, how else can one claim it as THEIR lake..

I’ve seen you repeatedly speak of “Im going to be” hitting the water here and hitting the water there but I still have not seen report #1 from you..

I’ve monitored things from your end and you keep soliciting information in most of your posts or talk of going next week but never do..(not on this post though)

(i saw a shining example of this when you aksed about campgrounds at pyramid and we provided you the lowdown but you don't show)

How about CONTRIBUTING some information ?

What up ?

If it’s “your lake” I would expect to see you at least trying.

Really not trying to be a tool by calling this out but get in the game brutha’ seems like your just waiting for this small group of brave anglers to tell you “It’s ON” then you’ll go..

When do WE get the benefit of other anglers throwing the dice and trying to make something happen…and sharing their experience ?

Sorry but I had to call out an apple for an apple and an orange for an orange..

Venting~DONE
Okay, let me tell you how it is.
I'm located just a short distance from San Antonio and have been fishing it for many years. even when I had to drive from L.A..
I do post reports when I get a chance to get there.
I make a lot of plans but I'm on a limited income of $1400 a month from SSDI.
I live with my daughter who is also disabled and two of my grandchildren.
With a very small household income a lot of the plans I make just aren't possible to follow through on.
It's even worse now with the high price of fuel.
Just a trip to San Antonio with fuel for my truck and boat along with day use and launch fees is $50.
I know that seems like a small amount But there are other things that must be considered first.
I freely share almost every bit of information I have including what works and doesn't work for me and where.
I even post skunk reports so others can have that.
I just don't get to go as often as I make plans to.
So I sit here at the computer daily and try to keep abreast of whats happening in the hope that I''ll actually find a bit of extra cash and get to use it to fish.
Feel better now?

By the way, want to help me get out?
Feel free to PM me anytime you feel like making a trip up this way other than on the weekend (way to many inconsiderate water skiers and PWC users).
We can meetup in A-town and head up to Lake San Antonio or Nacimineto either one and I'll provide the boat and tow vehicle.
I'll just need help with the cost.

I'm also going to be offering for sale shortly some tuna/Baja gear to raise cash for fishing.
I'll never be able to afford another trip.
Be happy to send you pics and a package price If you're interested.

TroutOnly
07-28-2012, 08:43 AM
B/D THERES NO DEMANDS ITS JUST ABOUT LETS GET TO FISHIN,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

trail blazer
07-30-2012, 12:40 PM
P,TOM,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Ive seen your reports and understand what your saying,,,,,,,,,keep,m coming whenever possible so,s we,l have that inside scoop on the action,,,,,,,,3 to 5 hrs for all f or all us easterners,,,,,,,Makes it tough for us also on the 1 day trips.

T/B

haree
09-19-2012, 05:30 AM
What car rental that you use for this trip.

Anyway Whenever I go for fishing hunt I use to ride on my BMW Luxury car.
Anyway what did you used for this journey.

cutbait
09-19-2012, 06:28 AM

Come on people?
These kinda posts shame me that I am a fellow angler

MonsterGuppy
09-19-2012, 10:42 PM
Come on people?
These kinda posts shame me that I am a fellow angler

Hes no angler CB he's hear to spam his car rental business:Evil:

CL SmooV
09-19-2012, 10:53 PM

Absolutely amazing.....