PDA

View Full Version : Any tips or hot spots? Leave for a week on Sunday

peterl
07-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Hey All,

I am leaving for the eastern sierras on Sunday for a week. Taking the whole family, and really looking forward to getting away.

We are staying at a condo in Mammoth, but plan to fish the mammoth lakes, June Lake loop, Lee Vinning Creek, and probably convict.

Any tips or recommendations on some good spots?

TIA

Pete

Viejo
07-20-2012, 02:54 PM
There's enough spots in each of those locations to occupy you for a week each. You'll have plenty to do at the places you listed. I could fish the lakes in Mammoth for a week by themselves.

Sierra Stewie
07-23-2012, 02:07 AM
I definitely agree with viejo there are a ton of spots to fish in mammoth and a week alone fishing the basin might not even be enough. I'm heading up on Thursday for a few days to fish mammoth hoping to get into some nice alpers.
Good luck and tight lines

HawgZWylde
07-23-2012, 07:57 AM
Lol, up in those areas, just about anywhere there's water. Every year we spend 10 days up at Twin Lakes Bridgeport and like the areas you mentioned, there are so many places to fish it's ridiculous. I come home every year thinking to myself, why didn't I go here, or why didn't I go there? But the answer is simple, the fishing was so good at the places I did hit, we didn't need to go anywhere else. You could stop at the local ranger station and get maps, but that would just give you so many options your head would spin. The places you listed alone will keep you busy and catching fish almost non stop. Good luck and have fun, what you don't get to this time, you can hit the next...