PDA

View Full Version : Lake Puddingstone Review and questions

bassbeauty
07-19-2012, 08:44 PM
Hey everyone, this is my first post on the site and excited to be getting into fishing. I fished lake puddingstone last weekend and was unable to catch anything. I found got2fishvideos on youtube the most useful videos to watch to try to figure out the lake as well as reading other reports and reviews on here. I was wondering if there is any information out there that someone can help me with.

I was using a dropshot and tried spinnerbaits as well. There was a lot of weeds and growth at the lake and the water was pretty warm. Thanks ahead of time for any help.

bassfishing24/7
07-19-2012, 11:30 PM
Its a big lake so shore Fishing can be tough,if ur Fishing for bass try Texas rigging senko worms.that has worked for me in the past.good luck!

bassbeauty
07-20-2012, 12:02 PM
Thank you for the tips. I will have to try that and good luck to you too.

dday07
07-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Thank you for the tips. I will have to try that and good luck to you too.

Morning or evenings your best bet this time of year.Hour before dark put on Rattle Trap work down shorelines and you'll catch at least a couple..my bro got 7 last nite there using same technique.

fishermanx14
07-21-2012, 01:04 PM
you can allways get some gills and crappie here, i go every weekend

bassbeauty
07-22-2012, 01:00 PM
Yeah I went in the morning and was going to maybe go in the evening one of these days. I just saw the youtube video from GOT2FISHVIDEOS about the lipless crank baits which is pretty much the same thing as a rattle trap right?

bassbeauty
07-22-2012, 01:04 PM
I also dont know much about catching crappie or gills, I'm trying to stick with bass and develop better skills first. Thanks for the suggestion though!!!

Thisfool
07-22-2012, 02:27 PM
I also dont know much about catching crappie or gills, I'm trying to stick with bass and develop better skills first. Thanks for the suggestion though!!!

i would honestly start learning the lake by fishing for the crappie and blue gill. Bass are much much harder to catch and pudding stone is legendary for how tough the bass bight is.

pick up some wax worms or meal worms and try down near swim beach in the little channel and make spot move about every 10 min or so if you dont get a bite

fishermanx14
07-22-2012, 02:37 PM
ya x2...use a drop shot with a very long leader mabey 2ft....if you arent getting bit start relling in the drop shot in very slow and you will get but allmost every time

kzhlin
07-26-2012, 05:33 PM
I've had good luck texas rigging robo worms off the shore. Slightly darker colors. I think it is called Aaron's Magic or something.

Agree with Thisfool. Bluegill and crappie are the easier species to catch and will typically give you more action (quantity wise).

maki909
07-30-2012, 12:52 AM
I have been hitting puddingstone the last couple of days and I have had a lot of luck with texas rigged senkos. I actually caught a 7 1/2 and a 3lb lmb this morning.

UrbanBassER55
07-30-2012, 08:08 AM
Nice, went this past saturday with some buddies . We caught a 6lb,4lb and 5 - in the 2 lb range.

Are you walking that place or are you in a float or boat>

maki909
07-31-2012, 11:26 PM
I walk it. I dont have my float tube down here but i plan on bringing it down in december when I finish up school up north.

technician
08-02-2012, 09:02 AM
I have been hitting puddingstone the last couple of days and I have had a lot of luck with texas rigged senkos. I actually caught a 7 1/2 and a 3lb lmb this morning.

Damn man that's a good fish, probably got all giddy like a little kid now didn't you?

allIdoIsfish
08-02-2012, 09:26 AM
I was out there yesterday, killed em on plastics and reaction baits. Ended up with 8 and lost 3. All were cookie cutter 3lbers

UrbanBassER55
08-02-2012, 09:34 AM
Nice. Cant wait to get out this weekend.

Put Techs 6lber to shame! haha. Tech What day we goin?

You ready to loose the tourney? Week 3!

technician
08-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Nice. Cant wait to get out this weekend.

Put Techs 6lber to shame! haha. Tech What day we goin?

You ready to loose the tourney? Week 3!

Your dreaming buddy, me lose? Hahaha dude I am the master baiter. The king of big bass son.... But no serious moment... We're going Saturday.

UrbanBassER55
08-02-2012, 10:04 AM
You only get a few of those serious moments a day ...

Dreams come true, Saturday .

Master Baiter huh... I know why the water is so wakey by you ... lol And why you dont wear waders ahah

technician
08-02-2012, 10:26 AM
Well as you know I can't just pee myself when I'm wearing waders now can I? Just watch as of Saturday there will be a new lake record held by none other then the famous technician....

maki909
08-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Damn man that's a good fish, probably got all giddy like a little kid now didn't you?
You know it. hahaha I screamed like a little girl when I saw her jump and again when i lipped her. hahaha.