PDA

View Full Version : New lake for Me (perris)

lpacheco00
07-19-2012, 12:23 AM
So ive just about hit every lake around me and havent caught anything. Next up is perris for me this coming saturday. Ill be getting there right when they open and shore fishing. Any suggestions on what type of setup and lure to use out there? And also, best spot at the lake for shore fishing?

Phishinghookz
07-19-2012, 11:31 AM
It all depends on what fish you are targetting...if you are shore fishing hit up lots 11-12. I dont know how the bite has been since i have not hit the lake in nearly 2 wks now. But if you wanna have some fun with the lmb's. I suggest you rent a boat and fish the east side of the lake. Just dropshot some roboworms and have fun. As for shore, nightcrawlers, meal worms, wax worms, crickets...but then you will catch the re's and bg's...have fun...i'll be out there with my son this sunday. renting a boat tho because my new float tube aint going to be here until the wk after...

lpacheco00
07-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Well i was going for lmb's but cant afford to rent a boat. Ill take ur advice though for the shore fishing. Thanks apreciate it.

Matt44
07-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Iv always had great luck off the rocks by the boat launch when i didnt have a boat! Drop shot morning dawn robo worms purple seems to do the trick. Find structure and you will find fish!

lpacheco00
07-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Just bought a pack of purple roboworms yesterday! Guess ill be using that. Thanks!

Phishinghookz
07-20-2012, 08:10 AM
morning dawn and margarita mutilator work best...

oldschoolfishin'
07-20-2012, 10:39 AM
i've had success from my tube w roboworms, black, purple, and a damsel fly pattern i made last week. caught a giant bluegill on the damsel fly, a few decent size largemouth on the worms at the east end. waters is 80 degrees.