PDA

View Full Version : What shrimp is your go to shrimp for catfish?

socalfab
07-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Its common knowledge these days that shrimp is fairly popular bait for the whisker fish. So just wanted to pick the brains of some of you more skilled fellas as to your favorite type of shrimp to fish for catfish? Cocktail shrimp, large shrimp, shrimp with the legs, frozen or fresh, large or small?

Skyler
07-18-2012, 04:29 PM
I like this kind:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_y8ihVh-biUc/SkOZpqUmRBI/AAAAAAAAAMo/de0PkVisDgI/s320/bubba_gump.jpg

It also goes good in shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Koontaj
07-18-2012, 04:47 PM
I use any raw shrimp with the shell on. I do cut up garlic and leave in the bag so it can get that combo scent....try it out, its worked for me. Even In my favorite lake (Lincoln park) at night...just be able to defend yourself..ha ha

Man! It might even work at Anaheim lake....just kidding...their a thread I attacked like an email gangster and said some thing that offended people...ha ha oh well

Frequent Flyer
07-18-2012, 07:49 PM
The kind si the head and everything from the market (not stater bros.) I peel off the shell and dip or Pour whatever scent I want

mjc89
07-19-2012, 12:34 AM
I usually just get the shrimp thats on sale. The size doesnt really matter.

jaggerbub
07-19-2012, 07:19 AM
shrimp with head on from asian market. i peel the shell and squeeze the juice from the head onto the shrimp and cast out like that without scent. the juice from the head becomes my scent...

Perris_holic
07-29-2012, 10:19 PM
How do you guys cast it out from shore without it flying off the hook?

mjc89
07-30-2012, 12:48 AM
How do you guys cast it out from shore without it flying off the hook?

I usually use half of the shrimp per hook. I either pinch it in half or slice in half long ways. Adding marshmallows will also keep it on your hook.

smokehound
07-31-2012, 08:06 AM
Garlic = Marketing Gimmick..

Fresh raw shrimp. frozen squid also works quite well.

Perris_holic
07-31-2012, 11:25 PM
Anyone ever use the baby octopus that they have @ the seafood counter @ stater bros?