PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed with GVL this year

Danerz
07-17-2012, 06:40 PM
It seems the economy has finally caught up with GVL. They used to stock Alpers, then quit. Went with Calaveras for awhile, which was nice! Then quit. Then went with Jess Ranch which wasn't too bad - mostly 1.5 to 2.5 lb fish. Now this year, the Jess Ranch fish are mostly the same size as DFG stockers. Oh yes, they put in a couple in the 3 lb range once in awhile. Went up yesterday and fishing was terrible. No one was catching. Went through every trick I could think of. I go nearly every week and it's been waaaaay off with very small fish this year. Left half day and took a drive to Big Bear - which was extremely crowded - and left and drove over to Lake Gregory - no love there either.

LittleJigger96
07-17-2012, 07:01 PM
I only had 1 good day there this year where my stringer was all 3 and 4 pounders of my full limit. But that was the only good day up their I had so far. I used to go up there and get 6 and 7 pounders but there hasn't even been one caught that big yet. It bums me that lakes can't be like the past.

angelsfan951
07-17-2012, 09:10 PM
i agree fish this year are extremely small this year but i have limited out every time and the crappie bite is great. each cast is fish on and also bass bite is pretty good. its so good that i was catching them on a pink and white power mice on the drop shot