PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas bass fishing

Breaking Bass
07-17-2012, 11:01 AM
I'll be going to LV this weekend and I really want to get some LMB fishing in. I don't want to go to Lake Mead. I just want to hit up local park ponds/lakes in and around the metro area. I've done some preliminary research and the only place that seems to offer LMB fishing is Sunset Park which I believe is near the airport. Have any of you fished this park before? I would appreciate any feedback regarding this. Thanks.

bassoholic
07-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I'll be going to LV this weekend and I really want to get some LMB fishing in. I don't want to go to Lake Mead. I just want to hit up local park ponds/lakes in and around the metro area. I've done some preliminary research and the only place that seems to offer LMB fishing is Sunset Park which I believe is near the airport. Have any of you fished this park before? I would appreciate any feedback regarding this. Thanks.

Fishing in Vegas?? LOL No time !!

Breaking Bass
07-17-2012, 12:10 PM
I know right? Maybe I should just leave my gear here in case I feel the urge to pawn my stuff to get my money back...LOL!!

Breaking Bass
10-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Alright, heading up again this weekend. Gonna try Sunset Park and Floyd Lamb Park....wish me luck!

Breaking Bass
10-08-2012, 09:23 PM
Alright, heading up again this weekend. Gonna try Sunset Park and Floyd Lamb Park....wish me luck!

Just got back and I am very pleased to report that the LV skunk is finally off my back!!

Floyd Lamb Park:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/gdeguz1/Fishing/IMG_1655.jpg

carpanglerdude
10-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Congrats! Definitely some healthy fish!

Toby Fish
01-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Hey, I will be in Las Vegas next month because I found some great deals on Las Vegas Hotel Promo Codes (http://www.earlyvegas.com/promo_codes.html), and I would definitely like to try fishing while I am out there. I have fished at lake Mead before, but I am intrigued by some of the spots you mentioned that are in the metro area. Do you have any recommendations on good places I should check out while I am there? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

peanutbutter
01-14-2013, 09:14 PM
Fishing in Vegas?? LOL No time !!

:LOL: lol :)

lasvegas
01-19-2013, 08:45 PM
Hey just so you know, in those last two pictures, it is illegal to fish there and is a sensitive area. It is the wetlands area of Las Vegas.

lasvegas
01-19-2013, 08:46 PM
I sincerely hope you didn't eat them out of there too!

Breaking Bass
01-20-2013, 02:31 PM
Illegal? WTF?! How convenient for the local fisherman at Sunset Park to tell me about this place but fail to pass along this one minor detail. Thanks for the heads up. **Evidence deleted** Guess I won't be fishing there anymore.

As for keeping and eating LMB.......NEVER! It's against my religion.

lasvegas
01-20-2013, 05:11 PM
There are some nice bass in that area but it is illegal. Also some of the wack jobs at sunset park are a little out there...