PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Lake 7/16

CraigH
07-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Got to Jenks Lake around 9:00, fished the pier, and had 5 trout by 11:30. According to my scale, the 5 went from 3/4 pounds to 1 1/2 pounds.

When I got the home and cleaned them, I found three had treble hooks deep in their throats and powerbait in their stomach, and one (the largest) had 4 or 5 pieces of corn in its stomach and a J hook deep in it's throat.

Also, the alligator signs are posted in three places that I saw. The bulletin boards where you first drive in and pick up the payment envelope; where you deposit the payment in the "vault"; and at the wooden steps from the parking lot to the lake. I talked to one of the regulars who said someone reported seeing an alligator they estimated at 2 feet long.

white belt
07-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Nice report craig. If the lakes cold enough to hold trout I'm sure a gator that small is already dead.

The Fishing Queen
07-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Craig, I guess they haven't set the trap to catch the gator yet. I was worried the gator will eat the baby ducklings in the lake. Thanks for sharing and good job catching the trout!

old pudd fisher
07-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Thanks Craig I love that little hide away in the summer time.

CraigH
07-17-2012, 10:47 AM
Thanks. I noticed in another thread someone said they hadn't seen the alligator signs, but they are definitely still there.

I walked all the way around the lake for the first time. There are some nice shady areas to fish from, but the weeds are getting thick already and some of the areas had a good 15-20 feet of "seaweed".

The fish that had the J hook and corn in it had the line coming out it's mouth so I'm thinking that one broke off, but the line on the three with treble hooks and power bait in them looked like the line had been cut at the hook. I hope someone doesn't think that's catch and release.

Cartman
07-17-2012, 12:29 PM
Got to Jenks Lake around 9:00, fished the pier, and had 5 trout by 11:30. According to my scale, the 5 went from 3/4 pounds to 1 1/2 pounds.

When I got the home and cleaned them, I found three had treble hooks deep in their throats and powerbait in their stomach, and one (the largest) had 4 or 5 pieces of corn in its stomach and a J hook deep in it's throat.

Also, the alligator signs are posted in three places that I saw. The bulletin boards where you first drive in and pick up the payment envelope; where you deposit the payment in the "vault"; and at the wooden steps from the parking lot to the lake. I talked to one of the regulars who said someone reported seeing an alligator they estimated at 2 feet long.

I'm glad you had a good trip to Jenks. I was there Saturday. It was pretty crazy with people fishing, mostly families, but we loved it. Duh, I didn't see any signs about alligators myself.

Mr T-rex
07-17-2012, 02:33 PM
A alligator in jenks lake ? thats crazy .. i was thinking about heading out there to tube but i guess not no more, ill stick to the pier