PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Sunday with Double A

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Hit the upper with Double A Sunday.

Proved to be pretty tuff for any quality fish…

Let me start by clarifying ONE THING

The quality fish are not boiling…

There are super danks boiling off and on (SUPER DANKS-which is what u’ll catch using micro lures)

but the larger QUALITY fish are NOT BOILING.

They are up top and SPAWNING those fish that most of you are seeing and mistaking for boiling ARE NOT BOILING.

That’s why they are so docile.

That’s why they are so timid..

That’s why they are not in a feeding frenzy..

I’m getting a little burnt watching this forum turn this into something it’s not.

Simply put you must work ur arse off to get on the quality fish….

NOT MICROS…not sure of the motivation of the other post I see but it’s painting a Booolsheet picture to those anglers not in the know..

Anyways…

I had a tuff time on the water but still squeezed some action out..all on topwater.

I landed 2 quality feesh plus 7 super danks..

Unfortunately Double A did not land any but hooked up a couple of times…sorry Brian, I did my best to get you on them, in fact I put you on them but getting all of the equation together to equate to a hookup doesn’t always happen…
Here’s the two quality fish I landed…. (I also landed 7 supa’ danks but not worth a photo)

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9028/castaic715121.jpg
By feelthesteel (http://profile.imageshack.us/user/feelthesteel) at 2012-07-16

And a tailgate shot : )

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/469/castaic71512tailgate.jpg

I’ll sum up with:

It is NOT easy to make them happen out there people, anyone who tells you otherwise IS LYING (or using an alias screen name)

Anyone telling you it’s wide open boils, slayage all day all U want IS LYING not even if you want 6 ounce super danks…

I try to share my catches with everyone here on FNN but what I’ve seen in another post is very painful for me to see..

I still don’t understand the motivation for such falsehood..

Anyways..

I’ll wish you all good luck..

Slick Rick
07-16-2012, 11:00 AM
They are up top and SPAWNING those fish that most of you are seeing and mistaking for boiling ARE NOT BOILING.

Thanks for the info Gary... I myself have mistaken this recently. I know what a boil looks like, and the ones I thought where boils recently did seem a little tamer that what I have seen in the past.

I didn't know that the spawning looks somewhat similar. Learn something new everyday.

Again, Thanks for sharing.

-Rick

baitfish
07-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Your post is much appreciated as I live 80 miles from there, so it is not a cheap trip. I know it is fishing, but in this economy you try to maximize your days you can actually go fishing.

jowo
07-16-2012, 11:12 AM
Thanks for the truth. I was trying to figure out how someone could catch 6, 3# stripers on a sabiki without the fish breaking each other off and tangling the line to hell. Too many armchair guys who seem to get a kick out of messing with other people. Starting to get reminiscent of Bloodydecks sometimes!

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Your post is much appreciated as I live 80 miles from there, so it is not a cheap trip. I know it is fishing, but in this economy you try to maximize your days you can actually go fishing.

That is precisely why I’ve noted what I have in my post, doesn’t mean you cannot or will not make something happen, the fish are there but very very difficult to get to go…

Not the slaughterfest that is being portrait.

I’d hate for the masses to go there thinking otherwise..

There’s quality fish to be had but it takes serious commitment and certainly a fair degree of luck, boat captaining and a certain level of skill.

Small dank super micros surely in my mind does not justify a long trip as in your case..

But with that being said, knowing the facts, at least you can make a better decision..

Looks like Bob did pretty wel trolling, that I cannot personally attest to the troll as I have not been trolling the lake but Bob’s results speak for themselves..

Anyways….again I’ll wish you all good luck out there,
Gary

P.S.
to those who doubt my words, speak to those other Fnn'rs I saw out there on sunday:

Noho art
Geordybass
Geordybass's dad
Fishinone
Disco Mike
and a couple of others I forget their names

cutbait
07-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Thanks for the truth. I was trying to figure out how someone could catch 6, 3# stripers on a sabiki without the fish breaking each other off and tangling the line to hell. Too many armchair guys who seem to get a kick out of messing with other people. Starting to get reminiscent of Bloodydecks sometimes!

I guess I assume everyone knows how to fish sometimes. I apolligize for assuming people can put two and two together.

Off the west ramp docks this weekend slaying, No tangles, no breaking off fish,,, just easy limits

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/mms95picture.jpg

fishinone
07-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Hi Gary,

Nice seeing you and DoubleA out there yesterday.

Fishncrave and I never got on a boil yesterday. We didn't really try that hard.

We anchored up and did bait n wait after surveying the lake. I farmed the only good hit. After a solid hookset and a good run it just spit the hook and bait at me when I got it turned and headed back. Fishncrave had one bump but the fish split before he could get to it.

I saw that other post and thought that it wasn't what I saw out there.

fishinone
07-16-2012, 01:00 PM
I guess I assume everyone knows how to fish sometimes. I apolligize for assuming people can put two and two together.

Off the west ramp docks this weekend slaying, No tangles, no breaking off fish,,, just easy limits

Castaic needs some docks like those. Just don't put them in the trolling lanes!

Double A
07-16-2012, 01:08 PM

Nice going Cutbait,,,

Now when I hit Walmart to stock up on Sabiki's,
Their gonna be all gone !!!

Double A
07-16-2012, 01:27 PM
I saw some things yesterday, that I'm still trying to process in my mind

The 2 nice fish Gary caught were definately not a typical "boil" ,,, very strange behavior,,, the fish also.

At one part of the day,,, there were at least 6 boats chasing,,, not boils,,, upper water dispersement. Not 1 fish landed.

Most gave up,,, probly out of frustration,,, but Gary and I kept at it.

While it didn't pan out for me,,, I can't feel that bad cuz I didnt see a single fish landed except for FeeltheSteels.

Like I said,,, it was some strange stuff going on,,, that I'm still trying to get my head around.

jowo
07-16-2012, 01:30 PM

Put two and two together in terms of being able to tell when you're bullshitting? Well, why try to bullshit in the first place unless you're an #%!?

ok, off the soapbox.

I only get to fish about once a month at best because of work and family commitments, and appreciate the honest feedback from people like fishinone. It helps me make the best use of my time on the lake, when I can get it.

I usually refrain from commenting, but let this one get the best of me.

koifish
07-16-2012, 01:39 PM
I saw some things yesterday, that I'm still trying to process in my mind

The 2 nice fish Gary caught were definately not a typical "boil" ,,, very strange behavior,,, the fish also.

At one part of the day,,, there were at least 6 boats chasing,,, not boils,,, upper water dispersement. Not 1 fish landed.

Most gave up,,, probly out of frustration,,, but Gary and I kept at it.

While it didn't pan out for me,,, I can't feel that bad cuz I didnt see a single fish landed except for FeeltheSteels.

Like I said,,, it was some strange stuff going on,,, that I'm still trying to get my head around.

boats chasing the boils....not even the boiling season and chasing....I remember some boats chasing the fish boil closed to the shore where we fished at the east-side last year....

Tonyc521
07-16-2012, 03:03 PM
I was out there today and saw only a few small boils and a few carp jump out of the water, I also was blanked from 6:00-11:30 and saw nobody catch anything, I tried multiple top water lures for no action.

Santa Fe Eric
07-16-2012, 03:53 PM
Nice work Gary! We were there Sunday and got skunked, but we had lots of fun. I did see the "boil" chasers. The coolest thing that I saw was what looked like 3 Bass circling around each other in a cove. They looked like squirrels chasing each other around a tree. I didnt even throw a lure in there because it was so cool to watch.

SFE

TroutOnly
07-16-2012, 06:51 PM
THERE SLURPIN SMALL SHAD,GOT THREE DECENT FISH OFF THE SCHOOLS TODAY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,MORE BLOOD GARY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

autowiz
07-16-2012, 06:59 PM
O
Hit the upper with Double A Sunday.

Proved to be pretty tuff for any quality fish…

Let me start by clarifying ONE THING

The quality fish are not boiling…

T here are super danks boiling off and on (SUPER DANKS-which is what u’ll catch using micro lures)

but the larger QUALITY fish are NOT BOILING.

I’m getting a little burnt watching this forum turn this into something it’s not.

Simply put you must work ur arse off to get on the quality fish….

NOT MICROS…not sure of the motivation of the other post I see but it’s painting a Booolsheet picture to those anglers not in the know..

Anyways…

I had a tuff time on the water but still squeezed some action out..all on topwater.

I landed 2 quality feesh plus 7 super danks..

Unfortunately Double A did not land any but hooked up a couple of times…sorry Brian, I did my best to get you on them, in fact I put you on them but getting all of the equation together to equate to a hookup doesn’t always happen…
Here’s the two quality fish I landed…. (I also landed 7 supa’ danks but not worth a photo)

http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9028/castaic715121.jpg

And a tailgate shot : )

http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/469/castaic71512tailgate.jpg

I’ll sum up with:

It is NOT easy to make them happen out there people, anyone who tells you otherwise IS LYING (or using an alias screen name)

Anyone telling you it’s wide open boils, slayage all day all U want IS LYING not even if you want 6 ounce super danks…

I try to share my catches with everyone here on FNN but what I’ve seen in another post is very painful for me to see..

I still don’t understand the motivation for such falsehood..

Anyways..

I’ll wish you all good luck..

Spawning makes um hungry,. There here till november folks. No agendas just public forum.

Mr.DieHard
07-16-2012, 09:57 PM
I was also there the second half of the day on Sunday from the dam for the skunkity skunk.

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-17-2012, 09:13 AM
O

Spawning makes um hungry,. There here till november folks. No agendas just public forum.

Really? it does.... : ) but what with the wide open all day slaughterfest...Did you get any quality units?

Double A
07-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Spawning makes me hungry too !!!

cutbait
07-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Spawning makes me hungry too !!!

Spawning makes me sleepy

fishinone
07-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Put two and two together in terms of being able to tell when you're bullshitting? Well, why try to bullshit in the first place unless you're an #%!?

ok, off the soapbox.

I only get to fish about once a month at best because of work and family commitments, and appreciate the honest feedback from people like fishinone. It helps me make the best use of my time on the lake, when I can get it.

I usually refrain from commenting, but let this one get the best of me.

Thanks jowo

I appreciate your confidence in me, but I assure you that I withhold a lot of information.

Putting all of the information about a great bite on FNN can make your killer fishing hole nearly unapproachable. I've done it to myself. The next time I went to my spot there were boats all around the spot but they weren't catching. I couldn't get near the spot. Later when they gave up, I moved over and sure enough, they were there and biting.

I've also posted reports about great bites that disappeared. People who went and tried to get on them would have thought I was full of it. Yesterday's bite is often over.

FYI, Cutbait is one of the good guys, he doesn't usually, tie his fingers into his knots and his reports are truthful. He's joking around about most other stuff. He's poking fun at another report. Everyone who's been to Castaic would know that there aren't any piers, and most fishermen would know that the ladyfish are from the Ocean. (OK, I stand corrected. The ladyfish are really jack smelt. They are from the ocean too.)