PDA

View Full Version : Long Lake

glegsurf
07-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Im heading up to Long Lake, this Thursday, the 19th of July. I'm going up with my grandson, who is 14, and he's been fishing for ten years. We are hiking up from South Lake in the AM. He loves his Panther Martins. His dad says pinched night crawlers. I like both live baits and lures, and also bubble flies. I carry both 2# &4# spools with me. We plan on fishing the northwest side of the lake, and maybe the outlet.
On the second day, we want to fish South Lake. I'll have my float tube too.
Any tips for a successful trip would be appreciated.
I hope to have pictures to post when I return. Thanks in advance.

Greg

Sierra_Smitty
07-18-2012, 05:43 PM
Take a couple spoons and a fly/bubble setup to allow for long casts...sometimes covering a lot of water is helpful if the fish are spread out. It would be a good idea to make the trek to the main inlet. Good luck out there. Stop by the Parchers store too for a few tips, my crew fishes the backcountry a lot.

Peace,
Smitty aka Jared GM Parchers Resort/South Lake Landing.

glegsurf
07-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Smitty, I stopped by Parchers and got good leads, thank you. The hike in was beautiful, and took a little over an hour.
It was a windy day, but we still caught a bunch of Brookies, and a few Browns and Rainbows. We released all we caught.
Float tubing at South Lake, the next day produced a few nice rainbows, on both night crawlers and tube jigs.
Thanks for the info. Greg