PDA

View Full Version : Lake Arrowhead on a boat...

Ultralight
07-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Since I don't have a boat, I don't fish off the boat at Lake Arrowhead. However, a friend who owns a boat has been asking me to teach him how to fish at Lake Arrowhead. I'd like to start with trout but have no idea of location/patterns at the lake from a boat.

If anyone here is form Lake Arrowhead or knows the lake, I'd love some help via PM as to what I can do with him so that he will be successful. Do you troll? Jig? My preferred method of trout fishing in the sierras is via jig but I am not sure how effective that will be at Arrowhead. Yes, this is a private lake but with lake rights, one can fish there no problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

UL

Viejo
07-14-2012, 11:52 PM
Not sure who has "lake rights" but putting a boat on Lake arrowhead requires an inspection and the operator has to take a test and receive a lake license to operate. Go to the Lake Arrowhead Association web site for requirements. They are pretty strict.

Fish Dog
07-15-2012, 10:42 AM
From what I understand unless you're a property owner up there you're not getting on the lake, shore or boat.

Ultralight
07-15-2012, 06:32 PM
Yes, correct to all. The owner's home is virtually by the lake and the boat/dock is all on the lake. I can take time to sorts things out for him but figure I could save some effort figuring out the lake when I teach them how to fish the lake.

Thanks.
UL

Nessie Hunter
07-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Bass fishing is off the hook there.
Some Large Mouth but the Small mouth Rule..
Drop shot or some slow plastics will get you both fired up..
Hope you C&R though, hate to see it go down hill...