PDA

View Full Version : 7/14/12 AV Duct

Bassnman Mike
07-14-2012, 05:43 PM
Felt like giving the AV duct yet another try so yesterday I sent texts to 3 friends that live down that way. 1 of them already had other plans but the other 2 said sure, lets do it.

Left town at 0400, stopped in Rosamond to pickup Mike then onto Palmdale to pickup Zoli. We started at Ave S and worked our way east. At the first stop we notice that the water level is a little low and the flow is pretty fast. I see one, about 15 inches chasing my Lucky Craft Pointer 128 but he wouldn’t commit, he followed it in twice but no love. After about 20 minutes we decide that its time to make a move so we headed east, nothing at the next few spots. As we pass Barrel Springs we noticed that the gates were wide open, you could have taken a kayak under the gate, they were that high. We didn’t stop because there were already 2 or 3 cars sitting there. Next few spots, no love. At the final spot Mike catches one that went about 14-15……… Inches, HA! The group skunk is gone, Woo Hoo! As he is unhooking it I hookup with his fishes brother. I then caught 2 more under the bridge, both were carbon copies of the other 2. Because of their size I opted to let them go to grow up instead of putting them in the ice chest.

Its 0930 now and Zoli had stuff to take care of at home so we dropped him off and headed west. We worked every spot but didn’t get bit at all. We did notice that the further west we went the more dirty the water was as well as an increase in floating weeds. Guess we should have gone back east but oh well, I still had a great time. Spent the day fishing with good friends and caught 3 stripers, which ties my all time duct record for amount caught in one day.

BTW, all fish were caught on Zoom Flukes with 1 ounce jig heads.

cutbait
07-14-2012, 06:47 PM
Bako is unlimited stripers day, night... on any lure or bait...

problem is 15 inches EVERY ONE

EfrenM
07-14-2012, 08:23 PM
wich color of fluke???

Lucky Lager
07-15-2012, 07:51 AM
Nice going Mike(s), at least you found some fish....too bad about the size.
Sorry I couldn't make it, hopefully next time.
At least Mike ended his skunk streak, lol! Sorry Mike, couldn't resist.
I didn't get anything to keep from SB either. I farmed 1 good pulling mystery fish, landed 1 small ray & 1 crab.
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh633/luckylager81/2a26a38b.jpg
Although, fellow FNNer, (Witch Way Out) brought me a huge WSB steak from his session last week....so, at least I got to bring home some dinner...even if I didn't catch it, lol.
At least the weather & "scenery" were great ;) haha

Bassnman Mike
07-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Bako is unlimited stripers day, night... on any lure or bait...

problem is 15 inches EVERY ONE

Yeah, the mini's are all I've been able to land lately. The funny part is that I know the big ones are there, somewhere.

wich color of fluke???

Smokin Shad, White Ice and White Pearl are the colors I like to use.

Nice going Mike(s), at least you found some fish....too bad about the size.
Sorry I couldn't make it, hopefully next time.
At least Mike ended his skunk streak, lol! Sorry Mike, couldn't resist.
I didn't get anything to keep from SB either. I farmed 1 good pulling mystery fish, landed 1 small ray & 1 crab.
http://i1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh633/luckylager81/2a26a38b.jpg
Although, fellow FNNer, (Witch Way Out) brought me a huge WSB steak from his session last week....so, at least I got to bring home some dinner...even if I didn't catch it, lol.
At least the weather & "scenery" were great ;) haha

Jim, Thanks buddy, maybe next time we can give it a shot, sounds like you had fun at the beach, any pictures of the "Scenery" HA!

trail blazer
07-15-2012, 11:44 AM
WTG BASSMAN!

Just curious though,,,,,,,Are you going to have to change your screen name to something like STRIPERMAN?

LOL,,J/K.

T/B

Bassnman Mike
07-15-2012, 02:22 PM
WTG BASSMAN!

Just curious though,,,,,,,Are you going to have to change your screen name to something like STRIPERMAN?

LOL,,J/K.

T/B

Thanks, as to changing my name............................ NOPE! A striper is still a bass, HA!

trail blazer
07-15-2012, 07:04 PM
How true how true,,,,,,,,,,,,ACTUALLY a striper is the only bass out of the 2,,,,,,,So i guess you,v been correct all along.

T/B

gletemfeelsteelgary
07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
congrats on the catches...

way ta let 'em know ur there..

Gary

HidenKage
07-19-2012, 08:54 AM
BTW, all fish were caught on Zoom Flukes with 1 ounce jig heads.

What kind of Jig heads/color were used? :???:

Hitts0n
07-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Good job out there on the hunt !! I havent used a fluke in years....

Bassnman Mike
07-20-2012, 06:56 AM
congrats on the catches...

way ta let 'em know ur there..

Gary

Thanks, just wish the bigger models would start showing up.

What kind of Jig heads/color were used? :???:

I've tried all different colors, brands, with eyes and customized but personally, the basic unpainted ones seem to work as well if not better. Like has been said many times, its just a matter of being in the right spot at the right time.

Good job out there on the hunt !! I havent used a fluke in years....

Thanks, I have tried just about everything imaginable in the duct but now I only use a handfull of different lures.

M@M
07-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Nice to see you caught a few Mike!