PDA

View Full Version : need some tips fnn fam 3 day trip

brad1
07-14-2012, 12:43 PM
So my aunt got the uncle and I a three day fishing trip out of H&M landing for our b days .......very excited about this too....except for the fact I get sea sick so this could turn out crazy.....but eather way its going to be awesome!!! I mostly fish forbass in the bays not very much deep sea fishing I got a curado 300 would it hold up on some yellow tail and durado? ?? What kind of hooks and lure should I bring?...what size rod and line would be best...just not that sure if anything I own will work out there ....thanks for the tips guys well appreciated

Brad1

Which Way Out
07-14-2012, 07:43 PM
3 day Trip, Nice.

Leave the small stuff at home. I have a new Curado 300e and yes it's nice, but not that nice.

The Capt. is more than likely gonna want you using nothing less that 40lb line if your into Yellows over 20pds. If you don't have the equipment check the landing and see if they have rental equipment, most do.

The fish on a 3 day trip can be a big mix of fish and size. Everything from large Bonitas to Bluefin Tuna. You get a 50lb+ Bluefin you better be ready with LINE CAPACITY.
Bring CASH for the extras, ie; Fish Cleaning, Jackpot entry, Crew Tip at the end of the trip, Beer if you drink it.

A couple of Trolling feathers. Just 1 or 2.
The crew will have Hooks, but if you prefer a special brand check with the landing for sizes. Sinkers.
Last but not least. CLEAN SOXS AND UNDERWARE. A Towel and soap, Rubber Boots on the deck. Sunscreen, Hat, BIG Ice Chest. More cash for ICE.

That's just the tip of the iceberg, but somehow pack lite.

I am sure others will add great advise as well.

Have a great trip and have fun

WWO

PS if you can get on an Overnite trip before you go you will get a better feeling of what to expect.

brad1
07-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Thanks for your advice witch way its going to be awesome :)