PDA

View Full Version : Pine Flat

dalean08
08-24-2007, 03:43 AM
Has anyone fished there in the last week or so ? any info would be nice! spots,bait color etc.

BakoBassin
08-24-2007, 06:44 AM
Man, you go all over the place, don't you? Howz about you just stop by and pick me up? :twisted: I just live around the corner from you. I haven't been to Pine Flat for 2 or 3 years. Super nice lake.

All the times I've been there, jigs and creature type baits work best.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
08-24-2007, 08:47 AM
WE HAD A HOUSE BOAT FOR 40YRS AT TRIMMER MARINA. I FISHED THAT LAKE IN THE SUMMER, ALL THOSE YEARS. MY SON IS A FIREMAN IN CLOVIS. I JUST WENT UP THERE IN MAY,AND LIKE ALWAYS CAUGHT BASS FROM THE MARINA ALMOST EVERY CAST. WISH I DIDNT LIVE IN LA. GO SLAY THEM . AND GOOD LUCK AND PEACE OUT MIKE THE PMB......(LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR REPORT.ALSO TRY TO FISH EASTMAN LAKE THE AVERAGE BASS IS 2 TO 3 LBS)

dalean08
08-24-2007, 10:15 AM
thats where the club takes me. I know nothing about pine flat I don't even know where it is located, or how to get there good thing my partner is pulling the boat in sept.!!! since we only weighed in 2 fish for 3.04 from san antonio wait let me change that I weigh in ,the capt. needs to learn how to catch fish and charge the main motor battery right!!! just looking for any help to try to win a tourney before it ends in nov.!!! oh yeah thanks for the input bako I caught the 1.98 lb LMB over by harris creek where that boat dock and the building ( I think it's restrooms that cove) s/s aarons magic 4 1/2" If I had a boat I would come get you every time I went fishing. seems like you know where the fish are and hey if you need someone to help you with the cost of fishing I always pay my 1/2 !! I dont flake out as long as they take c/c and not just debit!!! PMB what were you drop shotting back in may?? worms?

BakoBassin
08-24-2007, 10:44 AM
This is the most recent report I found. It's from a month ago.

Report: Summer heat and fast dropping lake levels made fishing challenging. We did well on main lake points and steep walls with plastics early (sunrise to 11 am) Only a couple top water fish with most of the others on drop-shot in shad colors. Lots of bait in lake and finding feeding bass was difficult. They are all throughout the water column from 2 to 50 feet. Our best results where in 20-30ft, but caught some shallow early on and some deeper later.

It's a huge lake. I've only fished near the dam area in the kickboat. Fishing should be getting better by September as the lake levels stabilize. You'll mainly be fishing for spotted bass which are fairly easy to catch once you find them. They're a schooling fish, so once you find them, they'll all be about the same size. If you're catching small ones try to locate a school with bigger fish. The quality fish will usually be off somewhere on thier own, not usually hanging out with the schools. Try drop shotted or split shotted plastics in shad colors(or whatever color you're comfortable with) to fill your limit. The small lightening shad Merlo's are one of my favorites for spots. Catches fish 99% of the time. 3/8 ounce Skinny Bears in purple and brown or darter head Hula Grubs will probably get you some bigger fish. Also seen people catch them on C-Rigged Baby Brush Hawgs. Sometimes metering fish in deeper water and vertical jigging with the Skinny Bears works. Just drop it to the bottom and twitch until you get a bite.

BakoBassin
08-24-2007, 10:57 AM
If I had a boat I would come get you every time I went fishing.

I was messin' with you...mostly. Just weird we live within walking distance from each other. Do you know Paul that used to own Lakeport? I used to fish with his son Jason.

Cabodude
08-24-2007, 01:10 PM
This is from this weeks Fresno Bee 8/22/07:

Bass fishing continues to hit or miss with the best action at depths from 25 to 35 feet with Hologram Shad, Prism Shad or any shad-colored plastics for fish to 1.5 pounds. Water releases at the lake are reported to be stopped although 2,157 acre-feet was released this week with the lake at 21% capacity. Cove Island and Lombardo's ramps are closed with the Deer Creek and Pine Flat Resort Launch ramps reported to be the only ones remaining in the water at the present time.

dalean08
08-25-2007, 08:00 AM
thanks guys no I do not know paul I did see the name changed at Lakeport that whole entire corner used to be a drainage ditch!! and all of the houses to the east of that corner were where our whoopty doos were. Made from everybody getting pools in their back yards ( they needed some where to put the dirt) and we needed somewhere to ride close to home!!!