PDA

View Full Version : did anybody go to the Anaheim lake opener?

J-Dub
07-13-2012, 05:40 PM
just wanna see if anybody got good results from the opener today...i looked at the pictures on anaheim lakes website and there were only two pictures one group seem to do ok while the other pic had two guys only catch 5 fish.

LuckyCraft420
07-13-2012, 06:19 PM
I've been waiting to see some reports too. I thought with the limited natural food in the water that the cats would go crazy today. Unfortunately I got stuck at work.

Carptain_Bao
07-13-2012, 06:28 PM
I was out there, got two decent bites in the morning but didn't land any. Drove around the lake and found that around half people got skunked, the other half got some fish, there were some guys doing very well, limited out around 11. I would say the bite wasn't WFO as I expected but the fish are out there.
Good luck

fishinglakes.com
07-13-2012, 06:30 PM
just wanna see if anybody got good results from the opener today...i looked at the pictures on anaheim lakes website and there were only two pictures one group seem to do ok while the other pic had two guys only catch 5 fish.

There were lots of limits and lots of people, we will be posting photos on our website later tonight. The webcam went down for a while but it's fixed now. M&M, shrimp and Mac with Love Sauce all working well.
Thanks!!

LuckyCraft420
07-13-2012, 06:35 PM
I'd like to hear that from someone who isn't making money off the lake, haha

Regardless, the water looks great. And as long as private boats pass, I'll be out there next week for sure

Big Daddy
07-13-2012, 06:40 PM
I'd like to hear that from someone who isn't making money off the lake, haha

Regardless, the water looks great. And as long as private boats pass, I'll be out there next week for sure

Man he just said it will be on the web site later so if you don't want him to tell you then here it is.

There were lots of limits and lots of people, They will be posting photos on there website later tonight. The webcam went down for a while but they have it fixed now. M&M, shrimp and Mac with Love Sauce all did real well.

I a sure you I don't work for the lake or ever make a penny from them as a matter of a fact I pay the same as everyone else. So get in the truck and get out there and you will see. 10% or less of all fisherman cathch 90% of all fish and I am in the 10% of the catching crew. Get out there get some. Good Luck guy's

BD

LuckyCraft420
07-13-2012, 06:44 PM
I don't believe everything I see online, especially from lake owners (sorry, Rick from laguna niguel lies out his *** to drum up business). How hard is it to edit a video to show a few people out of several hundred doing well? Not hard at all. I'd rather take the word of the anglers that were there.

Haywood Jablome
07-13-2012, 07:17 PM
man id kill for that eagle claw gravy that stuff works wonders:LOL:

guide
07-13-2012, 07:58 PM
Man he just said it will be on the web site later so if you don't want him to tell you then here it is.

There were lots of limits and lots of people, They will be posting photos on there website later tonight. The webcam went down for a while but they have it fixed now. M&M, shrimp and Mac with Love Sauce all did real well.

I a sure you I don't work for the lake or ever make a penny from them as a matter of a fact I pay the same as everyone else. So get in the truck and get out there and you will see. 10% or less of all fisherman cathch 90% of all fish and I am in the 10% of the catching crew. Get out there get some. Good Luck guy's

BD

i love you big daddy. i love how you anchored in my spot

LuckyCraft420
07-13-2012, 08:15 PM
I wasn't referring to you being a lake owner BD...

Big Daddy
07-13-2012, 08:20 PM
i love you big daddy. i love how you anchored in my spot

Common Dog I didn't catch a fish and U were trolling for trout and also if you would have been there you wouldn't have caught all those big cats that you did. And, because I already qualified your dad got into the Masters. Your welcome my friend. Next tourney give me a call and please let me know where I can fish and where I can't Doc. LOL. Peace out Brotha Love you to.

BD

Big Daddy
07-13-2012, 08:23 PM
I wasn't referring to you being a lake owner BD...

All right man all is good get out there and tear them up it will only get better to. Just move til you find them tonight will be really good out there. Good luck.

BD

Haywood Jablome
07-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Big Daddy u d rive from palm springs to fish anaheim/corona??

JFishing
07-13-2012, 09:11 PM
I was there with a friend of mine this morning at 6, we tried using some mackerel and then switched to some shrimp. Nothing. Tried like 4 different spots, no bites. Saw one spot where people were catching some cats, but other than that most of the lake was pretty dead except for a random cat here and there.

Big Daddy
07-13-2012, 10:45 PM
Big Daddy u d rive from palm springs to fish anaheim/corona??

I do my friend there is not to many place in Palm Springs to Launch. Takes me 1 1/2 hrs to the lake.

JAG107
07-14-2012, 08:33 AM
I went last night, was there from 6-11. Shore action was DEAD all night. I got on my buddys boat and the bite was WFO from 6:30-8, then was a steady pick for all the boats up til I left at 11. They were stuck to the bottom at dusk, then started moving up the water column as it got later. Got better bites on weighted shrimp or mac. Also saw very small shad from shore, so there is some forage food out there. Nice mix of 2-4lb blues and channels. Easy limits for my friends and I. Like I said though, the shore people were just pole watching all night, only saw 1 or 2 get caught from the whole west shore.

fishinglakes.com
07-14-2012, 08:35 AM
There were lots of limits and lots of people, we will be posting photos on our website later tonight. The webcam went down for a while but it's fixed now. M&M, shrimp and Mac with Love Sauce all working well.
Thanks!!

The photos were posted late last night on our FaceBook page http://www.facebook.com/fishinglakesdotcom
Thanks!

Marley
07-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Cool. Looks like some daytime action for those on the spot. Nighttime, maybe late afternoon, fish started to bite better.Sounds like a Saturday afternoon trip for sure!

Tee-Roy
07-17-2012, 10:27 AM
we went on sunday 7/15/12, and was not impressed at all! first off $25 seems a little high for fishing when you only stocked catfish. (this is what the lady at the store told us) and only a 5 fish max with no catch and release...

second they need more trees for shade! it was VERY hot out there.

Wasn't a fan of the huge embankment you have to fish off.....but there were 6 of us fishing and we got there around 9am and stayed till about 4pm. not even a bite!! we moved to 4 different spots and still nothing. saw about 5 dead fish tho...

we used worms,woopass mackerel, lures, anything in our tackle box to try and get a bite. not one got a bite.

on our way out we walked by the docks where the small boats are and noticed 2 catfish sitting there at the bottom, we had 3 poles in the water with bait and let it sit right in front of them and they didnt even look at it.

To me i think they opened the lake way to early and needed to have the fish settle in before letting people go waste their money.

I talked to about 10 people when driving around the lake to find a good shady spot, and every one was empty. the only person that i saw with fish was there since friday and he had about 6 between him and a buddy.

this is just MHO

i wont be going there any time soon.....

sapdawg11
07-17-2012, 10:12 PM
we went on sunday 7/15/12, and was not impressed at all! first off $25 seems a little high for fishing when you only stocked catfish. (this is what the lady at the store told us) and only a 5 fish max with no catch and release...

second they need more trees for shade! it was VERY hot out there.

Wasn't a fan of the huge embankment you have to fish off.....but there were 6 of us fishing and we got there around 9am and stayed till about 4pm. not even a bite!! we moved to 4 different spots and still nothing. saw about 5 dead fish tho...

we used worms,woopass mackerel, lures, anything in our tackle box to try and get a bite. not one got a bite.

on our way out we walked by the docks where the small boats are and noticed 2 catfish sitting there at the bottom, we had 3 poles in the water with bait and let it sit right in front of them and they didnt even look at it.

To me i think they opened the lake way to early and needed to have the fish settle in before letting people go waste their money.

I talked to about 10 people when driving around the lake to find a good shady spot, and every one was empty. the only person that i saw with fish was there since friday and he had about 6 between him and a buddy.

this is just MHO

i wont be going there any time soon.....

Wow, you mean to tell me that:

a) you were forced to go fishing, $25 was virtually stolen out of your wallet, and the current stocking program being in print, online, email and even multiple videos were surely not clear enough to understand what type of fish were being stocked.
b) there weren't enough trees on yet another beautiful summer day (which you decided to head out on in the dead heat of the day) which forced you to suffer along a shoreline soaked in crystal clear, cool blue water. If only some crystal clear, cool blue liquid substance had been available to assist you in beating the heat...
c) somebody must have stolen your umbrella/ez-up/countless-other-option-for-shade or else you would have surely brought it with you to the lake with virtually all weather forecasts calling for high heat and bright blue skies. That's a bummer.
d) the fish were TOO thick. So thick in fact that you could see them milling about in that obnoxiously clear water. (I mean, does it really need to be that clear???) And besides all of that, when you see a fish, everyone knows that you should feel entitled to catch that fish. If the fish doesn't bite, surely the management coordinated that activity with the aquatic species.
e) you fished for a few hours right in the heart of what is arguably the least productive time of the day, a substantial portion of which you spent driving the lake conducting a survey (see below) and analyzing the bottom of the lake (see above), to be on the water and could not get bit.
f) you spent significant time conducting a survey in search of a spot to poach. During that survey you asked people how they were doing and were told "we haven't caught anything". And we all know people are ALWAYS honest when they know that a crew of 6 is getting ready to set up on each and every side of them. I mean, the words "pretty slow out here...oh those bent rods??? I think I'm snagged on something..." have never come out of my mouth...scout's honor...(why is my nose growing???) I am wondering, however, despite what was surely a very precise survey, why do I keep reading, hearing and seeing people with their limits? Oh well, they must have caught them after you left...
g) with what I'm sure is an extensive history in aquaculture, stocking catfish and water quality evaluation, you could easily determine without the use of any water quality sampling equipment (or even a thermometer) that the lake had been open too soon. In the current economy where rental of such equipment can get quite pricey, your gift is surely in high demand.
h) you spent a beautiful day outside with some friends for substantially less than you would have spent at The Cheesecake Factory and still found a way to make it sound like you didn't have a good time.

A slight tinge of sarcasm in the outline above, but maybe I'm just bitter. I spent Sunday at work, in an office, under the fluorescent sun. The office had air conditioning and cold sodas. That's my report for Sunday and the report from Monday and today is not any different. I can honestly say that each day it sucked and I would have given my right arm to be baking in the heat, watching the fish swim by, stoking up conversations with new and old friends, all with a line in the water and with a bright shining hope of catching another memory.

Bottom Line: If you aren't catching fish in a barrel, don't blame the barrel. And while a small vocal minority may seem to support the venom and negativity (as Marley so perfectly put it) being put out there, there is a much stronger majority that reads right through this stuff, sees who does it, stays silent and when those same people come back again, asking for help on the water, advice for what to use when the fish pop, lures/jigs/bait/tackle because they didn't bring the right stuff or whether or not we mind if an anchor gets dropped on top of us, we remember how to reply. Rule #1 among everyone I love to spend time on the water with will always be: GO FISHING AND HAVE FUN!!! We like that rule...a lot!!!!

And Tee-Roy, no hard feelings! There's still time my man...following the golden rule WILL get you bit. I guarantee it! And if it's not working, it surely will get one of us to come over and lend a helping hand in getting some fresh meat on the grill. Only cost to you is a smile and a handshake (and a cold one if ya got it!). Hope to see you out there.

Koontaj
07-17-2012, 10:30 PM
I would rather go to irvine. In my opinion, santa ana river lakes are okay, but not great. Irvine all the way. Alright email gangsters..its on..ha ha

Koontaj
07-17-2012, 10:38 PM
dang! its 25 dollars for this cheap lake....like I said email gangster...just my opinion...ha ha:Twisted:

sapdawg11
07-17-2012, 10:54 PM
I would rather go to irvine. In my opinion, santa ana river lakes are okay, but not great. Irvine all the way. Alright email gangsters..its on..ha ha

Ha! I can appreciate that!! But you's best ta watch yo back busta ;) Thanks for the laugh

Koontaj
07-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Ya! I aready got hit up before, but they squashed and now were all fishing buddies and we laugh at all the time about the drama that goes on in this site. Whats a trip and I say most not all, once they meet you face to face they are no longer gansters....their wimpsters..ha ha ha...Oh ya go to Irvine..ha ha:LOL:

Ha! I can appreciate that!! But you's best ta watch yo back busta ;) Thanks for the laugh[/QUOTE]