PDA

View Full Version : Lake Arrowhead on the 4th of July

silverthrice
07-12-2012, 01:12 AM
First real post on here, anyways I will get to it. Fortunate enough to have a place @ Lake Arrowhead; and as many so cal locals know the firework show is pretty nice on the lake. Decided to get a little fishing in before the lake became extremely over crowded with all the boats. Ironically, the best fishing of the day seemed to be when the white caps started to roll in from all the boats.. hmm strange. Caught pretty much every species in the lake besides carp and cat. Took a buddy with me who had never caught a smally before well i definitely popped that cherry pretty quick. :Big Smile: All fish were caught on 2lb rigs

caught literally from my boat dock
and again
and again
caught in winter cove in about 30ft of water

my buddy Matt catchy his first smallie a solid 2.5lbs :Applause:

I also caught a 4.5 possibly 5 pound Largemouth too, but it will not let me upload the pic. When i hooked up into that toad with my 2lb pound it was definitely a good fight especially since I was a little to close for comfort in one of the main turns for the ski/wakeboard boats. But definitely good times :Razz:

P1M
07-12-2012, 06:54 AM
Nice job! There are some giant bass in that lake. It was a great place to grow up! I would just grab a pole, a couple lures, and be gone all day and always caught fish.

allIdoIsfish
07-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the post! I havent had a SMB in quite some time, I love how strong they are.

Keep the post coming!

flyhigh123
07-12-2012, 01:11 PM
I fished that lake a few weeks back and caught lots of trout and SMB, however no LMB. What were you using?

fishnfreak1966
07-13-2012, 07:55 AM
I have always wanted to fish that lake, but I have no ties to the area and I heard you have to reside there to fish the lake. Great report and nice catches.

silverthrice
07-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Thanks! This lake definitely surprises me every time i fish it. I hope to have a little more time to post some of my future outings.