PDA

View Full Version : 7/11 Perris Evening Session

CrownTown
07-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Tubed Perris today from 1730 until about 2000. Wind was blowing pretty hard, but found out how to use it to my advantage on my drifts. Drop shotted 2 rods at a time, both with robos. Landed 12 bass; 10 or so were roughly a pound or less, one was 2# and my big fish of the trip was 3#. All fished released safely. Fished sail cove for the first time in several years, and found a few new spots. Fish were just outside the weed line, and I fished any rocky patches I found thoroughly. I talked to many people, and they agree, the large bass just aren't on the chew lately. I did see one guy get a 4# on a lizard, but most fish right now seem to be dinks. Has anyone else noticed a similar pattern? Also, if anyone has any tips for techniques or colors to use mid-day, I'd appreciate the advice. The bite just seems to die from 1100-1600 or so for me.

bassgrabber1
07-12-2012, 11:56 AM
Tubed Perris today from 1730 until about 2000. Wind was blowing pretty hard, but found out how to use it to my advantage on my drifts. Drop shotted 2 rods at a time, both with robos. Landed 12 bass; 10 or so were roughly a pound or less, one was 2# and my big fish of the trip was 3#. All fished released safely. Fished sail cove for the first time in several years, and found a few new spots. Fish were just outside the weed line, and I fished any rocky patches I found thoroughly. I talked to many people, and they agree, the large bass just aren't on the chew lately. I did see one guy get a 4# on a lizard, but most fish right now seem to be dinks. Has anyone else noticed a similar pattern? Also, if anyone has any tips for techniques or colors to use mid-day, I'd appreciate the advice. The bite just seems to die from 1100-1600 or so for me.
Thats the hardest hours of the day to fish (11-4)....bigger fish are deep. Great going!

tagg27
07-12-2012, 11:20 PM
WTG. Midday is a tough bite...thanks for the post

carpanglerdude
07-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Hey CrownTrout, nice fishing with you. Did you stay much later the next day?

I ended up fishing from the dam for a few more hours. Missed one hit on a flick shake. Ended up stopping by Fairmount on the way home, hooked a bullfrog lol.

CrownTown
07-15-2012, 11:33 AM
Nice fishing with you too man. And right after I talked to you by the dam I drifted back over towards that little dock and picked up 3 more, 2 dinks and a 2 pounder. I actually talked to a dude who gave me some advice on how to fish Fairmount and Perris, so I'm getting back out there some time this next week with a bud of mine to try it out. PM me if you end up going, I'll let you borrow a tube or something.

P.S. I'm not sure bullfrogs are a target species...

carpanglerdude
07-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Nice fishing with you too man. And right after I talked to you by the dam I drifted back over towards that little dock and picked up 3 more, 2 dinks and a 2 pounder. I actually talked to a dude who gave me some advice on how to fish Fairmount and Perris, so I'm getting back out there some time this next week with a bud of mine to try it out. PM me if you end up going, I'll let you borrow a tube or something.

P.S. I'm not sure bullfrogs are a target species...

Sounds like you cleaned up out there, nice.

Not a target species, just opportunistic :)
Here's the video of it, hitting my plastic frog.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_6Tmprwn8w

bassoholic
07-15-2012, 09:19 PM

That's bait! You should have chucked that out there~!

reelgurlzfish
07-15-2012, 10:09 PM
hi all . is there still trout being caught in Perris? gonna possibly Be there in a couple weeks

GhettoBasster
07-15-2012, 10:10 PM

That's great! Right up there with your mosquito fish for wired catch of the month. Sure is a hoppy little guy.

CrownTown
07-15-2012, 10:24 PM
hi all . is there still trout being caught in Perris? gonna possibly Be there in a couple weeks

There are plenty of trout in the lake, just very hard to catch this time of year. Wouldn't really bother going for them. Bluegill bite is pretty good on crickets though

CrownTown
07-15-2012, 10:27 PM

Never seen that before, that thing actually ATE your frog. It looked like a big bass strike too... I guess you never know what you're gonna catch there