PDA

View Full Version : My trip to the Lagoon on 7/6/12

Demizer
07-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Decided to stop by and tried out the lagoon. Since i heard good things about the bass biting. Showed up about noon and stayed there till 6pm. i was using medium nightcrawlers and cutting them in half. Inflating them with the worm inflater. I fishing from the shoreline in shade where the wind and current was towards me by close to pier out there. I was casting my line about 20 to 30ft from shore and was getting nothing by weeds. So later in the day, we changed spots and move toward the damn and move down by the bend. This time i went in the water and cast one of my lines out more. I got bite and i hook it pretty deep with excitement. I caught a bluegill and release it. Few times i saw bass jumped out of the water. At 5pm, i reeled in my line to check my worms. As i reeled my line this huge 6lb bass was chasing my line and when i noticed it. It was too late and bass turned away and swam into the deep. So me and my buddy got all excited and threw out our lines and trolled it to see if we can get it, but no luck.
http://i48.tinypic.com/2q9avsp.jpg