PDA

View Full Version : Perris float tubing in the evening hours?

fishmounter
07-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Sorry everyone, this is not a "report", but I thought that Lake Perris fisherman might know an answer to my question. Has anyone been out float tubing (or fishing in a boat) at Lake Perris in the Bernasconi area late in the day? I just wonder how late you can stay out on the water float tubing before a patrol boat comes around and tells you it's time to get off the lake. It would be great to be able to stay out for a while after sunset using my flyrod for panfish and bass. I'll bet the bite would be really good along the weeds. I always fish in the early morning hours, but would sure like to try 'tubing in the late afternoon/evening hours. My other concern is when do they lock the gate on Bernasconi Road? Be a bummer to get locked in at night..

bassgrabber1
07-09-2012, 06:51 PM
You have to be off the water at 8:30 and the gates close at 10. You may want to check about the bernasconi gate tho just to be sure.

sweetfish
07-10-2012, 07:53 AM
You have to be off the water at 8:30 and the gates close at 10. You may want to check about the bernasconi gate tho just to be sure.

How light is the boat traffic after 3:00pm? Thinking of doing some evening sessions for some frog fishing in the East End.

bassgrabber1
07-10-2012, 08:05 AM
How light is the boat traffic after 3:00pm? Thinking of doing some evening sessions for some frog fishing in the East End.
Depends on the day but i do most of my fishing these days from 1 till dark and it has been busy...summer time brings out the seadoos. Frog fishing should be starting now and be in full swing in a couple of weeks.

sweetfish
07-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Cool, thanks for the reply. I might give it a shot this Friday then. This way I can let the little one swim if he wants to also.