PDA

View Full Version : 2 Week Long Report

Kidfish
07-09-2012, 05:35 PM
6/23
Went and fished the jetty at 6 am to 12 there was a very low tide at first so I threw a jerk bait and hook a small butterfly ray.The I started to work down to the end of the jetty and all I caught was lizard fish. I walked back down to where I hooked the ray and I threw a drop shot and bam hook a nice big ray.

6/24
Got to the jetty at 6am and fished to 9 am and I caught one lizard fish. But my buddy caught a 24'' hali on his third cast.

6/25
Came out to the jetty and fished at 12 and on my fifth cast boom I hooked a small hali. The wind later picked up and I lefted.

6/27
Left my house at 6 30 am on my 14 ft boat to the breakwater with some squid, shrimp and live bait. We got to my first spot and I tossed out a squid strip and I hooked the first fish of the day. Then I again threw out another strip and I hooked a nice little cabezon. Finally my dad hooks up and hooked a nice 4 lb sand bass. We caught several other fish betteween this period of time and then we moved to the next spot. At the next spot my buddy Gilbert hooked a nice 6lb sand bass on a jerk bait and then the bite slowed. So we moved to a few other spots and nothing the wind picked up so we went into the bay and Gilbert hooked a nice little croaker on a piece of squid. After that saiboats took the bay so we were forced out.

6/29
Took my boat out because fishing was soo good on 6/27 so my Dad, ,my buddy Troy (GETBIT), and I went out to the wall again with shrimp and squid. We get my spot at 6 30 am and threw out the lines and boom my dad hooks a nice cabezon and then another. So I throw out to the same area he did and I hook a Sand bass. Troy that day was stubborn and wanted to fish plastics all day but he finally hooked a calico. Then I hook a rock fish and then the bite slowed down.But my dad still managed to to catch a nice 4 lb cabezon. We move to some other spots and nothing. We move back to my original spot and Troy gets at the bass on the swimbait. Since we had to leave at 12 we moved by nachos and all we caught there was tomcod so we went by the jetty and we later left.

7/1
Got to the jetty at 6am and fished to 12 and all I caught was about 15 to 20 lizard fish.

7/3
Got to the jetty and fished til 12 and caught one hali becauae of the low tide on cold water.

7/6
My birthday was that day so I wanted to go on the pursuit with my dad out of 22nd street landing. It took three hours to get to Catalina and we got to the first spot my dad and I caught zero threw iron because I saw some yellowtail were boiling but none wanted to bite. Went to another spot and I finally hooked one on my 6 lb test rod but I was short. I managed to catch three more shorts befor I finally caught a legal. The captin moved again and I threw and and hooked up with a nice size whitefish. My dad on the other hand was catching many small little perch. We get to another spot and I catch another legal calico. But I was tired of casting so I just droped down and caught 5 blue perch in five drop. But I managed also to catch a big 1.5lb opeleye. We moved around and I caught alot of short calicos but I finallly caught a nice sheephead. We moved to the last spot and and I caught I five pound calico on six pound test. The one thing I didnt like about the boat was many of the regulars got the back and would not let you back there and were very rude. Also the crew of the boat smoked tooooo much and were very rude about it the crew also was not doing there job as well as I thought they should they only help the back and some ladies they wanted to be with. But fishing was good and I had a great birthday dinner. Sorry the are no pics phone died dew to battery draining from no service.

7/7
Went to the jetty at six and fished till eleven to break in my new rod from my birthday. Went there and there was nothing happening by the life gaurd tower so I moved down and then I hooked a small sand bass and two casts later a small spotty . And the I hooked a nicer size spotty on the jerk bait.

7/8
Went and fished the jetty again and nothing was really happening so I moved down and I caught a legal sand bass. Later on I caught a bigger spotty as well.

Kidfish
07-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Could not upload more
'

Which Way Out
07-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Do you ever sleep? LOL Dream of Fish I bet....

Good going and keep em coming.
WWO

bachiboy
07-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Great report Kid! Thanks for all the eye candy and Happy Birthday too! Glad you were able to get out there and have some fun. Awesome job getting the legal hali and that pig calico on 6lb! :Thumbs Up: That's definitely not an easy feat.

It's too bad the crew of the Pursuit had to put a damper on your birthday trip. They can be incredibly short sighted. All they're doing is hurting themselves. Not only would it make you, your family and your friends think twice about going back, but everyone who reads your report. I hope someone at 22nd landing catches wind of this and points this out to the captain and owner.

Keep it up man! Good times ahead...
Don

SP Dan
07-09-2012, 07:31 PM
Hi ya Kidfish,

Belated "Happy B-Day"! :Thumbs Up:

A well written report....I really enjoyed the read!

Thanx for the report with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Kidfish
07-09-2012, 07:59 PM
Hi ya Kidfish,

Belated "Happy B-Day"! :Thumbs Up:

A well written report....I really enjoyed the read!

Thanx for the report with pic's! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

Thank You for the birthday wishes

Kidfish
07-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Great report Kid! Thanks for all the eye candy and Happy Birthday too! Glad you were able to get out there and have some fun. Awesome job getting the legal hali and that pig calico on 6lb! :Thumbs Up: That's definitely not an easy feat.

It's too bad the crew of the Pursuit had to put a damper on your birthday trip. They can be incredibly short sighted. All they're doing is hurting themselves. Not only would it make you, your family and your friends think twice about going back, but everyone who reads your report. I hope someone at 22nd landing catches wind of this and points this out to the captain and owner.

Keep it up man! Good times ahead...
Don Thank You for the wishes and I hope the owner reads of this

iLLest
07-10-2012, 02:04 AM
man you fish alot. lol
Sweet job out there kid, keep it up.