PDA

View Full Version : Caddis float tubes

InspectaDekz
07-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Hey guys... I just got a great deal on a caddis Nevada float tube. I was wondering what ppl think of these. Anything I need to know about them. Thanks fellas

Thisfool
07-09-2012, 01:09 PM
Hey guys... I just got a great deal on a caddis Nevada float tube. I was wondering what ppl think of these. Anything I need to know about them. Thanks fellas

i got the caddis navegator and its a pretty sweet ride. you got the ushaped tube so you should be able turn better then me. there pretty good tubes for the price hope you enjoy your ride and have fun and be safe.

InspectaDekz
07-09-2012, 01:32 PM
i got the caddis navegator and its a pretty sweet ride. you got the ushaped tube so you should be able turn better then me. there pretty good tubes for the price hope you enjoy your ride and have fun and be safe.

Thanks bro.. I'm looking forward to start tubing.

bassfishing24/7
07-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Myself personally I have a fishcat4,their dual bladder so if one happens to pop or go bad,u still have one to keep u from being in the water,unlike the single u shape tube,make sure u have a life vest at all times no matter how good or not of a swimmer u are or not.other than that be safe and have fun.

LGHT
07-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Myself personally I have a fishcat4,their dual bladder so if one happens to pop or go bad,u still have one to keep u from being in the water,unlike the single u shape tube,make sure u have a life vest at all times no matter how good or not of a swimmer u are or not.other than that be safe and have fun.

I picked up a Prowler which is almost the same, but a little bigger than the fish cat. I read about 1 guy with a caddis that had a bladder pop and it helped me decide against it. Basically his tube went down fast and on a cold morning with waders and clothes on even with a vest on it was hard for him to keep his head above water. Keep in mind once your waders start taking on water and your clothes get wet your going to be a lot heavier and will start sinking like an anchor.

Whatever you do always wear a vest.

InspectaDekz
07-09-2012, 07:36 PM
I picked up a Prowler which is almost the same, but a little bigger than the fish cat. I read about 1 guy with a caddis that had a bladder pop and it helped me decide against it. Basically his tube went down fast and on a cold morning with waders and clothes on even with a vest on it was hard for him to keep his head above water. Keep in mind once your waders start taking on water and your clothes get wet your going to be a lot heavier and will start sinking like an anchor.

Whatever you do always wear a vest.

I just picked up my tube... Excited to finally to have a chance to hit the harbors for some hali and spotties.

Norma Stitz
07-09-2012, 10:08 PM
get waders

InspectaDekz
07-10-2012, 08:07 AM
get waders

Any recommendations?

Norma Stitz
07-10-2012, 09:09 AM
breathable im also looking for some waders at the moment so i can take my tube in the harbor, i have a caddis nevada gold

Norma Stitz
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
http://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingstore.com/waders-footwear/waders/redington/redington-crosswater-breathable-sf-waders

InspectaDekz
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.bobmarriottsflyfishingstore.com/waders-footwear/waders/redington/redington-crosswater-breathable-sf-waders

Those wafers are nice. What about fins? What do you recommend?

Norma Stitz
07-10-2012, 10:21 AM
any type of force fins, you can get a nice starter set @ sports authority for like 25 bucks us divers

InspectaDekz
07-11-2012, 05:30 PM
I sold the caddis I just got and picked up a fishcat4... Word!

Haywood Jablome
07-11-2012, 06:49 PM
how come???

InspectaDekz
07-12-2012, 09:22 AM
how come???

My friend really wanted to buy my brand new caddis, so being the good friend that I am, I sold it to him and bought a fc4