PDA

View Full Version : It's been quite some time...

FSHNLIC
07-08-2012, 11:24 PM
..... since I've had the chance to visit one of my old stomping grounds. I had gotten my niece a fishing pole for Christmas and haven't been able to take her out fishing yet as she lives in Valencia and I'm out in Victorville. Tried to get her out here a couple times to go up to Big Bear but it hasn't worked out. Well, last Thursday I was going out that way anyways and thought it was a good opportunity to take her out to Castaic.
My little one and I picked up my older son in Toluca Lake and than my niece in Valencia. After a stop at Gallions we hit the West Launch by 7am.
Got my niece and lil one setup and in know time began catching some fish. Nothing really big, some bluegill and small bass but at least they were cathcing. The fish were caught on nightcrawlers and plastics. My older son and I caught some larger bass around the 2.5-3 lb range but weren't able to get any pic's. This was my niece's first fish and it was fun watching her have a good time. I did set up one pole for Mr. Stripey, however, he eluded me. Tight Lines!!!