PDA

View Full Version : Hodges Info

a321eric
07-08-2012, 11:05 PM
Hey guys, gonna go and fish Hodges this saturday for LMB. i was hoping someone could fill me in on what type of lake it is and a current report if anyone has been there lately!! Thanks

seal
07-09-2012, 08:24 AM
I had a house above Hodges for a few years, great lake when the water is up, not sure where the water is now but it was up last time I was down a few months ago. Flooded brush/trees in the narrows (close to the 15 freeway) pretty cool stuff to work. The crappie were also fantastic about 10 years ago for me, use to kayak down to the dam and catch LMB's, crappie, cats. etc... just about everything on shiners and a white jig, they had at that time a small tackle/bait shop right at the end of my street. I use to watch the bait get chased up onto the dam by the LMB's, very cool to watch, unfortunately now I believe they have a bouy line setup so you can't just sit right next to the dam.

I know the LMB's have rebounded tremendously from the down years, unfortunately I have no current info. hope this thread gets some attention cause I'm heading down to San Diego in a week or 2 and was thinking of a return trip.

a321eric
07-09-2012, 11:00 AM
Ya i've seen the stick ups from the 15....looks like a good spot of course!