PDA

View Full Version : Perris 7/8/12

Hotbite909
07-08-2012, 08:57 PM
We fished Perris Lake today for gill and bass. We arrived there early today to hopefully get some early morning bass. We left the dock to go to a good spot that we usually fish and it was taken by another boat. Dam! Decided to move to a secondary early morning location and the bit was slow in that spot. I looked over to the spot that I was originally going to stop at first and the boat was gone! Sweet! I went over to that spot and baited up with the secret weapon and third cast. Bam! Hook up! http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj617/thegecko12/DSC00995-Copy.jpg
It weighed 7lbs even. Fished the shoreline for an hour then moved out to deeper water for some gills. We used some micro crank baits and caught some red ear and gills but we end up catching more dink bass then pan fish. It was overall slower than normal bite for us. I thing the moon phase this week prior slowed the bite a little. It was getting too hot so we called it a day by noon. There was a fair amount of fisherman on boats and tubes out today and water skier skiing in the 5mph zone. Lol!!

fishmounter
07-08-2012, 10:19 PM
..And not a Sherriff's boat in site, I'm sure. I don';t know why they don't just park their patrol boat out there at the 5 MPH buoys. They would give out plenty of tickets to help the State's economy!

Hotbite909
07-09-2012, 04:24 PM
A week ago there was a ski boat going around the island at full speed. This last Sunday this boat blasts through the same area where people where anchored and kid swimming in the water. The boat where not close to shore. But they didn't care. They just kept going fast. Looked about twenty feet away from this one boat. Total idiots for sure!