PDA

View Full Version : Float tube ?

fishnfreak1966
07-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Do you need to get your float tube and waders inspected before launching at Parris Lake? If so where do you go? Im camping there July 27 - 29 and plan on doing some float tubing.

CrownTown
07-08-2012, 08:34 AM
No, they let you right in

fishnfreak1966
07-08-2012, 09:00 AM
OK! cool thanks for the info.

fishmounter
07-08-2012, 09:34 AM
I have been checked at the main gate entrance on the north side. Being an honest guy, and my first time going float tubing at Perris in a long time, I drove my small pickup truck with my floatube in back into the "Vessel Inspection" line. I had just rinsed out my dusty float tube the night before, so it was still wet when they checked it. They turned me away. Just make sure your floatube is "bone dry", in case they decide to look at it.

vortec_cruiser
07-08-2012, 08:25 PM
I have been checked at the main gate entrance on the north side. Being an honest guy, and my first time going float tubing at Perris in a long time, I drove my small pickup truck with my floatube in back into the "Vessel Inspection" line. I had just rinsed out my dusty float tube the night before, so it was still wet when they checked it. They turned me away. Just make sure your floatube is "bone dry", in case they decide to look at it.
Did you go over to the Bernasconi side?

fishnfreak1966
07-13-2012, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the tip. Is the Bernasconi side parking lot open? I never fished that side, I have read reports in the past that fishermen would get there cars broken into which always discouraged me from going to that side.

fishmounter
07-13-2012, 01:14 PM
It can and has happened. Your car is parked a long way from the water and is hidden by the trees and shore brush, so you cannot keep an eye on your vehicle. I have been going there for many years and have never had a problem, but I drive an older truck, plus I have nothing in it worth taking. But who wants the hassle of having someone break a window or lock..