PDA

View Full Version : Skinner 7/7

P.A.W.
07-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Well if you were lucky enough to tie up to the inlet bouy line at the first 3-4 bouys by 6:30 then you caught some stripers on lures. If you came late or didn't want to walk accross the boat decks (like me) you had the choice of doing Bait-n-wait along the main stretch of bouys where there were fish being caught also. I went out looking for largemouth and found a few but they are tough right now. Around 10:00 I decided to troll around and have a snack. I headed back west and about 150 yards from the main bouy line I hit a smallish boil in open, deep water. Grabbed my rod and threw a jerkbait. One cast, one fish, and they went away.

In short water is way high (prettry much max) and 74* in open water. Fish are sketchy (maybe moon phase?) but stripers are biting on bait at the bouy line.

JAG107
07-07-2012, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the details Pat, sounds like another typical weird Skinner day. When are these damn things going to boil for reals?

desertstorm
07-07-2012, 11:56 PM
Nice report are there any signs of algae on the lake at all? I've been hearing reports that Skinner has been dealing with an algae bloom

P.A.W.
07-08-2012, 05:16 AM
There are some areas with gathering algae, but not too bad. Just some small paddies here and there. There are also areas where you can clearly see the bottom in 12-15 feet depth too. As the weather heats up I do expect to see more weeds and algae until they get around to bluestoning.

Joe, as I was trolling around I was looking for signs of bait. Seems the shad are either slow this year or just not many of them. I sure wasn't metering baitballs in numbers I might expect.