PDA

View Full Version : Cherry Beach 7/6

reelgurlzfish
07-06-2012, 05:23 PM
Played hookie today and went fishing at Cherry beach. Was beautiful weather. Got kicked out though at 1 by the life guards because kids were swimming to close to us. :-l Anyways. ...between 2 of us caught 9 Rays . See pic. ;-) good times!

skunked4life
07-08-2012, 03:21 PM
172 views and no comments?

Nice catch. Anything is better than the dreaded skunk. 9 rays? What were you using?

SP Dan
07-08-2012, 04:50 PM
Hi ya reelgurlzfish,

It was definitely a beautiful day to be out in the surf. Glad to hear that you beached a few! :Thumbs Up:

Ya know....even though we all paid for our licenses to have the right to be out there in the surf fishing......
we always have to..... surrender .....our fishing holes to the swimmers, surfers and paddle boarders......
that show up after we've been out there for hours! :EyePop: Go figure...ha ha ha!

Maybe ....they should also be required a user's license like us...eh?!? :Wink: Then we would all have equal rights to our natural resources.

Thanx for the fish (rays) report with pic! :Cool:

SP Dan <"))><

murrieta angler
07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
Sounds like you had fun out there.
Too bad about the crowds but that's summer for you...:Neutral:
Robert
<><

fishshep
07-08-2012, 09:42 PM
Just last week, this lady and some teen kids were going to out start out on the water in Alamitos Bay on their rafts and

stuff, and the lady yells at me "HEY, !!! move way over there , your not allowed to fish by us !!! :mad: I said NOOOO !!!! YOU !!!!

MOVE OVER !!! She yells at the lifeguard HEY !!! HE IS NOT ALLOWED TO FISH HERE IS HE ? :Shocked: Lifeguard says, "No,fishing IS

allowed throughout the bay :LOL::Dancing Banana:

smokehound
07-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Aren't lifeguards technically breaking the law when they do this?

Lucky Lager
07-10-2012, 04:46 PM
that sucks they made you move on!
i've never had that happen to me, but the day someone tries it they're going to be in for a rude awakening. i am always mindful & courtious to all the other beach goers, expecially children, but i will not be pushed around in a free country on public property. there's an entire beach for you to play on.....i suggest you find a part of it with less hooks ;)
nice going on the fish, sorry for the rant :)

reelgurlzfish
07-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Ya we have been pushed out every time at this same beach. always when the bite is good....

Fysher
07-11-2012, 07:05 AM
I had it happen to me before. You get to your honey hole and the day is starting off great and then all of a sudden a bunch of swimmers come out and invade your spot thinking that they always have the right to swim in front of your fishing area. Agree with a previous post, about maybe making them buy a swimming license hahah a=0)

I honestly try to avoid spots/places that usually attracts a lot of swimmers due to this problem. If you notice this, we as a fishing community come second in our fishing areas. Swimmers and surfers always have first dibs even if they show up after we are there fishing. Sucks but true. Do also notice this though. Lifeguards will pick on the weaker (by appearance). I don't think a lifeguard will kick you out or say that you can't fish here if you were bigger/badder/meaner looking that he/she is.

Cherry Beach and Long Beach area, I usually fish in the early AM no swimmers, no surfers no one to bother you.

reelgurlzfish
07-11-2012, 07:19 PM
ya surf fishing in our hood is gonna have to be a.m. or evening...

fishfinder
07-11-2012, 07:58 PM
I had this happen to me at carpinteria, I was just getting to the beach with my family, and there were not a lot of swimmers, and the lifegaurd saw me carrying my fishing poles, and came down to tell me to fish at either end of the beach, but not hwere i was. I looked at all the signs they had posted, and didnt see any no fishing sign. when i got home i checked all the regs, and nothing saying i cant fish there. Well next time i went back i told my wife i was going to make him call the sherriff or the warden. been back 2X since that incedent, but they havent said anything to me at all. i just fished where they said i couldnt the last time. when there got to be to many swimmers in the area, i stopped fishing for their safety. Might be going to long beach to look at a boat this saturday, and was thinking of fishing first. if there are no signs, good luck kicking me off.

reelgurlzfish
07-11-2012, 09:22 PM
there isn't a single no fishing sign. hope you do good out there. we have been bringing in thornback rays and guitars ..

AC
07-25-2012, 06:39 PM
sounds like fun nice post , in the 90's I used to catch and release lots of halibuts from shore lots of shorts and some legals but it was fun from shore,using swim baits