PDA

View Full Version : 7-5-12 Report

mayjeffc
07-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Hit perris when the gates opened @ 6am. I was with my two friends and we decided to give sail cove a try. Myself and one friend fished from the shore and my other buddy brought the tube. I decided to start out with top water as it was very overcast and had plenty of cover. On about my fifth cast with the popper I had one explode on the surface. He fought great and did a couple of dances on top of the water and made for an exciting catch. About ten minutes later my partner on the shore pulled in a dink and also beat the skunk. The morning started of great but ended with those two being the only catches of the day. I still had a lot of fun and still firmly believe that whether you catch 50 or 0 there is no such thing as a bad day on the lake. Here is the one I pulled on the popper. Just under 3lbs

fishmounter
07-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Nice bass. Yeah I used to wade that entire area about this time of year and I would do pretty good using floating Rapalas, top-water prop baits, and fly-lines plastic worms. The summertime water felt great. Just wore shorts and tennis shoes or wading boots. Some of the bass would hit right next to you!

mayjeffc
07-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I agree, nothing better than some laid back summer bassin at perris. I went a couple other times that week and did well on wacky rigged shimmy sticks in the baby bass color. Barefoot and swim trunks is the way to go from the shore.

fishmounter
07-09-2012, 05:27 PM
I do not go barefoot at Perris because I stepped on a big treble hook once there at Sail Cove. Luckily it did not go into me past the barbs... Might be broken glass too...