PDA

View Full Version : Local Piers

Thisfool
07-05-2012, 08:23 PM
hi all dont venture in these board much but i got me a question

so im going to hit a lake to do some catfish fishing and i usually go to balboa pier with my buddy to stock up on mack, but cant do that this time was wondering what some more local piers would be a good bet.

i live in San Gabriel valley

jaggerbub
07-05-2012, 08:48 PM
balboa and newport has been kinda slow...

Thisfool
07-05-2012, 09:04 PM
yea luckily both are a lil further then what i wanted to drive. i was thinking seal beach

want2fishmore
07-05-2012, 09:36 PM
hi all dont venture in these board much but i got me a question

so im going to hit a lake to do some catfish fishing and i usually go to balboa pier with my buddy to stock up on mack, but cant do that this time was wondering what some more local piers would be a good bet.

i live in San Gabriel valley

I think all the piers are slow right now due to the water not being warm enough. I just came back from Balboa and fished for a couple of hours (5:30pm - 7:30pm). Like you, my intention was to catch a few macs for the kitties, but to no avail. I had this plan of catching at least 5 and then going to Irvine lake this Saturday. Oh well.

murrieta angler
07-06-2012, 03:00 PM
I saw tons of bait at NPH yesterday with fish jumping all around them.
Robert
<><

NooB SaBass
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
I hit Santa Monica Last Friday and me and a friend got 7 Macks all Good sized for Kitties. Bunch of junk fish, 1 Lizard and a bunch of these little baby Ling Cod? idk.
Then we Hit Seal Pier Sunday and only got 2 Macks, but we got 1 Sardine and about 11 Smelt. So that's 9 Macks and 1 Sardine for Kitties, we sliced up the smelt and later that same night Nailed 9 Rays between the two of us for like 3 hours before we went home. So the bites slower the more South we are noticing, but you get better junk fish than northern Piers. I might go tonight, see if we can grab some more for this Sat Kittie run at Irvine!

reelgurlzfish
07-13-2012, 06:39 PM
i do pretty good at belmont pier for mack.