PDA

View Full Version : Newport Harbor Launch Sites

cifealy
07-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Hey Everyone,

I have a 14ft boat that I have been wanting to take to the harbor. I know of one launch ramp at Newport Dunes but I don't really want to pay the $20.00 launch fee unless I have to. Is there any other launch ramps that is chaper or better yet a place I could launch from shore? The boat is light enough to carry to the water and I know of several locations with shore acces but no parking for my vehicle and trailor. Any thoughts??

I would greatly appriciate any information:)

Thanks,

Cris

JL
07-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Sorry I don't know the name of the location ..... someone else will but I see small boats and kayaks being launched from a small beach near the Coast Guard and Sheriffs harbor patrol area. They have public rest rooms and we stop there to take a break. Nice small park and clean facilities. I am sure someone who reads my reply will tell you the name of the street and how to get there

LGHT
07-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I've launched my float tube from that spot a few times and I don't think it has a public launch for boats. Basically there are about 20 or so parking spots and guys just unload their gear in the parking lot and drag it across the beach about 100 yards into the water. I know there is an area for boats, but it's in the HARBOR PATROL section which is off limits to the public from the parking area I park at.

LunkerLover
07-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Continue down Balboa/Newport Blvd all the way until it basically dead ends at a small bluff park before the wedge.
There is a dock ”M street” .... free launching on a Sandy beach and a dock to carry your stuff down. Over the treats, I've launched yaks, 14'/16' aluminum boats, etc.... Pm me for more info

jaxdon
07-23-2012, 12:02 PM
I used to launch my Hobie at 15th St beach, I think thats what its called..On left a few blocks past Speghitti Factory..By the MH park. It may be open still...I later had a 28 foot trimaran moored off Bay Island & launced a 9foot pram to row out from the nearest beach...no one ever said anything...But forget about parking spaces durinng the "Silly Season"...

But, as far as Newport Beach "Powers That Be" are concerned, they seem to feel that If you dont have a $100,000 yacht, please go somewhere else.!!!