PDA

View Full Version : Bishop report w/pics

TrOuT FeVeR
07-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Went up to bishop for the weekend and fishing was WFO.

Thursday morning we got to creek side rv park around 10:30 and we set everything and decided to go to north lake.We got to north lake and fishing was Wide Open in about an hour we C&R over 25 fish. Friday we woke up in the morning and decided to go fish south lake we got to south lake and started slaying fish until the wind picked up when the wind picked up we decided to go back to camp and eat breakfest and then work the creeks so we decided to fish the south fork and the fishing was WFO.Saturday morning we went to the cove at south lake and killed the fish on mini jigs and bait. In the afternoon we got a pontoon and fished the ROCK SLIDE to see if we can catch a big one. so we got to the rock slide and started catching decent size stockers on mini jigs. so i changed my jig and tied on a pink mini jig and made one more cast and i hooked up to a nice big fish it started peeling line like no tmmrw it came out to be a 4lb Alper.Overall we C&R 100+ fish.

NOTE-last two pictures are from this trip and the rest are from last month. last month fishing was also WFO i caught a 7lb.14oz and a 6lb.5oz and my buddy Eatsleepfish (first two pictures) got a 2.5,3.5,4 and 5.5

EfrenM
07-02-2012, 04:13 PM
its only trout up there no bass o crappie ??

TrOuT FeVeR
07-02-2012, 04:14 PM
YUP only trout. but if you go to the lower owens you can catch bass in there.

Pudd Legend
07-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Very nice looking fish. Used to be much more common to catch those grade of fish in years past. Good to know there are still some nice Alpers swimming around. Blind cast or sight fish if you don't mind me asking?

TrOuT FeVeR
07-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Thank you pudd legend and i know it was more common catching nice size fish like this and i made a blind cast.

troutdog
07-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Beautiful fish congrats! Nice pictures and report, keep'em coming....way to represent 57 :Thumbs Up:

TD

dennis boatman
07-03-2012, 09:28 AM
We'll be there next week from Morrisville, Missouri...can't wait!