PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Lake June 30th

joejoe77
07-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Fished San Antonio Lake on Saturday evening. Went out dropped some anchovies looking for stripers in Bee Rock Cove, Three Fingers and Harris Creek between 5-830pm, didnt even get a hit on the bait poles. Did catch a nice 2.5 -3 lb smallmouth over in the Three Fingers area. Biggest smallie Ive ever caught. Around 7pm there was alot of action in the three Fingers area, even saw a nice sized Striper jump. Alot of smallies comin up to the surface. Just couldnt get em to bite. Threw swimbaits, dropped shot, topwater Popr. The wind was blowing us all over and making it tough to cast. Also there was a bunch of boats and the lake was the choppiest Ive seen it. Didnt get skunked but had a much worse day than I expected. Might be time to go out with a guide.

taylor31
07-03-2012, 07:30 AM
They are there. I have a buddy that got one last week on a Zara Spook. I'll be pulling an all nighter Thursday I hope with this full moon the night bite will be hot.

joejoe77
07-03-2012, 08:39 AM
Yeah, I heard from someone else, that Sunday night a few guys were dropping anchovies in Bee Rock Cove and caught quite a few. Maybe an all nighter is the answer. Please post another report. Im thinking about getting an all night trip together on Jul 18th.