PDA

View Full Version : Hey Everyone

mjschijf
08-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey everybody! I'm going into my Sophomore year attending college at Cal Lutheran in Thousand Oaks. I was there last year as well but didn't get any fishing in, but I would love to find some places to go for the upcoming year. I've had a pretty good Summer of fishing around my home town of St. George, Utah. I'm kind of disappointed to be leaving a familiar area, but at the same time I'm looking forward to some Southern Cal fishing. If anyone has suggestions of some good places to fish within a reasonable drive of Thousand Oaks, that would be great! I like to fish for any and all species. Please keep in mind that I don't have a boat.

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Wingnut
08-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the board!

Fisher-of-Men
08-23-2007, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the board!

I'm pretty good with maps and geography because I like camping and fishing when I have the time. I've traveled to most places in Cali. I would say that Lake Castaic and Pyramid are your closest lakes to fish. Casitas is another good fishery if you want to keep the scenery changing. That is probably an hour away towards the Santa Barbara area. These are the major ones. There are other large lakes; but your looking at 2 hours plus to get there.

I'm sure those three will keep you busy though. :wink:

Tight lines to ya!

Fisher-of-Men

Troutman65
08-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Welcome to FNN

Troutman65

xtranzman
08-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Welcome..

X

olfishergal
08-23-2007, 08:18 PM
you're a hop skip and jump from Piru......go the 23 through Moorpark, come out on the 126, head East, follow signs left turn into Piru.....it has shore fishing, but boat rentals are available......shoot, head over to the surf...you are close. welcome to the board. CLU is a great school.
OFG

Fisherman57
08-23-2007, 09:19 PM
Welcome to the board!

57's the name....... surf fishing is the game!
If ya decide to head to the surf. shoot me a PM, be glad to help!

saintarv
08-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Welcome!