PDA

View Full Version : silverwood lake night time striper fishing

Kyle B
07-01-2012, 09:24 PM
im thinking about hitting silverwood tomorrow night for some night time striper fishing, the moon is almost full so would i just be wasting my time? i was hoping to throw swimbaits, i assume theres still trout swimming around for the stripers to eat .........any tips would be really appreciated, im pretty new to striper fishing.

thank you

seal
07-03-2012, 08:03 AM
Depending on where you go there is a ton of vegetation in the water. The backside of the lake is probably the clearest or over by the Marina point.

Don't know about the swimbait bite I haven't been tossing them for a few weeks now and haven't heard any current reports, but that doesn't mean they still won't work.

bassoholic
07-03-2012, 08:07 AM
im thinking about hitting silverwood tomorrow night for some night time striper fishing, the moon is almost full so would i just be wasting my time? i was hoping to throw swimbaits, i assume theres still trout swimming around for the stripers to eat .........any tips would be really appreciated, im pretty new to striper fishing.

thank you

I don't fish at night too often, but I think the logic is the fish feed when there is a full moon at night because the lighting is better. People don't fish the day after a full moon during the day because the fish were feeding all night. I think that's the logic behind it...........so if you are fishing at night, you WANT a full moon. Good luck! Post a report!

seal
07-03-2012, 08:47 AM
Night fishing + full moon should be good, but the fish don't always play by the rules that we think they do.

Good luck let us know how you do!

Kyle B
07-05-2012, 01:37 PM
i ended up not going but ill be out there tonight, ill give a report

RTG
07-05-2012, 01:54 PM
I hope your vehicle isn't broken into. Do yourself a favor-don't leave anything of value where the local punks can look in and see it. If you do, kiss it goodbye. Best not to leave anything in your car that you can't do without. Hate to be a downer here, but it's just the way it goes there.

Kyle B
07-05-2012, 02:03 PM
I hope your vehicle isn't broken into. Do yourself a favor-don't leave anything of value where the local punks can look in and see it. If you do, kiss it goodbye. Best not to leave anything in your car that you can't do without. Hate to be a downer here, but it's just the way it goes there.

really? iv never had any problems with that but iv only been during the day

RTG
07-05-2012, 02:18 PM
When you see broken glass at the pullouts and parking lot by the dam...that's what I'm talking about. Just be careful.

Kyle B
07-05-2012, 02:51 PM
i will, thanks for the tip, its a shame we have to watch our backs even when we go fishing

seal
07-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Above Chemise is another good example of broken glass in the parking area.

evosamurai
07-05-2012, 06:30 PM
check the wind report online or with the local weatherman dale ha ha

seal
07-05-2012, 08:15 PM
check the wind report online or with the local weatherman dale ha ha

Pretty light tonight, I'd say 5-15mph, the wind should be lighter for the next several days unless we have more thunderstorm devolopment, GO GET UM!!!

Kyle B
07-06-2012, 05:02 PM
got skunked!! there was way too much vegetation in the water, impossible to fish from shore so i headed back early, i wont be going back till winter

seal
07-07-2012, 09:09 AM
got skunked!! there was way too much vegetation in the water, impossible to fish from shore so i headed back early, i wont be going back till winter

You need to be in a boat or other watercraft this time of the year so you can hit the weedbeds from the outside, although I did well last night from shore tossing Dinger's. My aproach is to have my Korker's on so I can wade out and get past a lot of the crap, also when the wind is up like it was AGAIN yesterday it makes it harder to see the open water and moves the vegetation around so it's hard to find the channels between weedbeds.

But I agree I'm just itching for it to be September, kids go back to school, vacations are over, much less chaos oh and the boils/topwater are the best then!!!