PDA

View Full Version : Learned a new trick ( not really fishing related)

flyhigh123
07-01-2012, 08:02 PM
SO went fishing with a buddy and our car was really far from where we were and no one was around.

My buddy forgot his lighter for his cigarettes, so we started to think and went mcguyver. He had a bottle of smart water, 1 liter i think.

We were able to angle the bottle of water to use the sun and focus the ray onto the tobacco. Within a few seconds of focusing, it started to smoke. After another few seconds, it smoked enough where he picked it up and puffed it to smoke his cigarette. Never tried anything like this so found it to be pretty awesome.

Lol

flyhigh123
07-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Link to video of me doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWqq_pslpBU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fish Dog
07-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Pretty sad to be so addicted to cigarettes you can do without one for a couple hours.

DEVOREFLYER
07-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Watch were you put those water bottles when the sun is out. Here is a pic of a friends carpet in his bass boat where he set a water bottle and the heat melted the carpet.36048

drifter023
07-04-2012, 05:08 PM
We use to desert race and be way out there with cigs and the zippo would die. Pull plug dip in tank hook to plug wire and kick over would flame up enough to light cig.

aperez3523
07-04-2012, 05:25 PM
That's pretty bad a**!!! I don't smoke but that's still one hell of a trick to know! Seems like it would come in handy in other situations as well! Thanks for posting, cool video man!!!

flyhigh123
07-05-2012, 12:38 AM
Pretty sad to be so addicted to cigarettes you can do without one for a couple hours.

moreso bored. I don't smoke, but my friend does. we were bait and waiting and thought it would be interesting to try and it worked. addicted to cigarattes would mean my buddy hike 1/2 a mile to get his lighter out of my car.

flyhigh123
07-05-2012, 12:39 AM
That's pretty bad a**!!! I don't smoke but that's still one hell of a trick to know! Seems like it would come in handy in other situations as well! Thanks for posting, cool video man!!!

its a good survival trick in case u need fire. Also heard it works by taking an aluminum soda can, rubbing the bottom with fabric until its mirror like and using that to focus the sun.

ZipperWurm
07-05-2012, 05:09 AM
awesome, now if i ever leave my magnifying glass at home i can buy a smart water and still lay waste to many ants :LOL: