PDA

View Full Version : Plan my 4th of July Surf Fishing Trip!

EL_CHIDO
07-01-2012, 06:29 PM
So, I have a 5 day weekend coming up and me and the misses can’t decide what to do. We know this much – we can drive up or down the coast (I’m in Whittier), we have 2 small dogs, we will stay in pet-friendly hotels, and of course, I want to do as much fishing as possible.
Plan A consists of driving to the San Diego area and getting a hotel and with me, jumping on a full day boat chasing them yellows OR driving up to Channel Islands and jumping on one of those boats.
But, I don’t want to leave her alone because that sucks that she would be left alone with the dogs for a day of two and not really have anything to do (not much in Oxnard, although San Diego looks promising).
So, I figure I could do Surf fishing, and I wouldn’t be ditching her and the pooches, plus maybe she can join me. With the money I save from not going on those expensive boats, I can put toward some good surf-fishing gear. I am a complete novice but I have read enough threads to give it a go.
So, basically, I want to know spots, suggested gear to purchase (money’s not a big deal, I but a $200+ setup) and anything else that helps; I can go up or down 300-400 miles from LA.

DotA
07-01-2012, 07:54 PM
lc 110 different color
big hammer
gulp sand worms

2 poles one for throwing the lc and the other one u can use for perch and croakers
san onofre is a good spot in sd, its a mission todo on the trails but u will enjoy it there...

DotA
07-01-2012, 07:56 PM
going to need some waders because its shallow over there and u can walk all the way out
just be careful those waves i always bring extra clothes cus i get soak cus i go very far out