PDA

View Full Version : San Gabriel River tenkara fishing?

HighSierratrout
07-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Are there spots on the San Gabriel that work for tenkara fishing? I've read posts about people doing well fly fishing the river, but don't know where exactly it is and whether or not there is too much cover to tenkara fish. I've got a 13.5' Amago and 10.5' Fountainhead I want to take. Any info on how to get there and where to start from would be appreciated.

Viejo
07-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Google west fork of the San Gabriel River and get directions from your house. Park in the lot and start hiking up. Take your 10.5" Fountainhead. Hike a mile and a half past all the trash and people playing in the water and fish upstream. Take in consideration that water temps are now in the high 60's and will reach the 70's soon. A week of temps over 90 degrees outside air will put it over the top. Fish do not recover well in water over 70 degrees.

The Fishing Queen
07-01-2012, 10:00 PM
I replied to your PM.

Kobinator18
07-02-2012, 04:56 PM
Whooops! I thought FQ started this thread. My guess is her PM filled in all the details that I would have sent you. Good luck on the WF; perhaps I'll see you out there...

-Bryan

The Fishing Queen
07-03-2012, 10:19 PM
Whooops! I thought FQ started this thread. My guess is her PM filled in all the details that I would have sent you. Good luck on the WF; perhaps I'll see you out there...

-Bryan

Hey, Bryan, I was confused at first when I saw your PM. Now I understand that was a mistake. It all clear now.