PDA

View Full Version : Perris Evening Shore Session 6/30/12

Agent00cix
07-01-2012, 11:23 AM
After a couple of weeks of being a couch potato (had hernia repair), I was feelin' well enough to get back to battle. Headed out to Perris and hit up the jetty/point bar on the right side of the marina about 4pm. I hadn't been to Perris on a weekend since I was a kid, man it was busy! Seeing all the boats n lake lice on the water I got a lil bummed...thought maybe the fish would be outta my reach. Sure enough, no love for a couple of hours. About 6pm, landed the first fish of the day on a roboworm margarita mutilator. Sweet, skunk is outta the way (or so I thought). A landed few more dinks after that so I switch it up to a green fat ika...I get into 4 fish and lose them all on the retrieve! Argh! Go to the blue/black senko and land this dude, lil over 3 lbs:

All in all, a good couple of hours. Learned a lot about how to fish the weightless ikas and senkos (rookie here). The fish were defnintely biting once the sun started to go down. Funny thing, about 8 pm a skunk decides to pay me a visit! After threatening with the tail-raise I was out! :LOL:

fishmounter
07-01-2012, 01:39 PM
Hey nice fishing bro! Yeah the Ika is a great bait, and so is the 5 inch thin Senko. As for the Skunks at Perris, I see one or more almost every time I shore fish and stay late. As long as you don't surprise them, they don't spray. They might put up their tails, but knock on wood, none have got me yet. One was even trying to get my fish I had on a stringer (Bluegill), and I pushed her away with my flyrod! I don't think they like their smell either!

Tiffer
07-01-2012, 02:14 PM
What are the shore fishing hours at Perris?Thanks!!

Natural Lefty
07-04-2012, 02:20 PM
I did get skunked at Perris once, by a real one at the marina.

I don't have to go to Perris in order to see skunks, though. They come to eat our cat food and the veggies in the worm compost, every evening. One of them is even getting to be friendly. I think it knows who "big daddy" is. So far, I haven't tried to pet it since it might get scared and "skunk" me or bite me, but it munches away right next to me and looks at me as if to say "See how pretty I am!"

bassgrabber1
07-04-2012, 03:32 PM
NLefty....that skunk smell every so often is the neighbor behind you on my street ....his dog has been killing skunks!!

Natural Lefty
07-06-2012, 04:21 PM
My neighbors said that they found a dead skunk in my yard last August when we were gone to Taiwan. I smell the skunk smell sometimes, but lately a couple of relatively mellow skunks are coming to my yard. They seem to know to avoid the dogs since I see them regularly.