PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon trollmiester troutonly and the big red boat

TroutOnly
07-01-2012, 08:36 AM
sat i got to fish with my two oldest and dearest friends that ive met and fished with since being involved with the fnn ,even with the short notice and juggling of all three of are schedules we got to get together up at the mid for a day of fishing and fun for the three of us. i got to the lake early even knowing my fishing buddies for the day were going to be just a little later than everyone else,so when i pulled into the line i didnt know it but i was pulling in behind the guys that were going to have there way with mr stripey for the day ,congrats and it was nice to meet and talk with you dk . so when my crew arrived i was ready i had my little bit of stuff ready to go ,terry and chris pulled up with the big red boat and we did the pre launch get ready, then it was time for the boat to go in and for us to go fishing. one of the most funnest parts of the day was blowing out of the channel and heading for the catfish area that we we going to fish, i wanted these two catfish fishing legends to get some catfishing in before we went after some stripers. we anchored up and went to work everything was ok except trolly ,he had a little accident with some of his meds and he was not quite himself ,he struggled to stay fishing and having some fun despite being off his game for the day so me terry did are best to keep him going and look after him for the day. well wouldnt you know it we were getting played with by the cats,so we fished a little harder and next thing you know terry was hooked up,that made me very proud of him when that kitty hit the net and i got to take his pic with a catfish on his beautifull new boat.so that perked up the boat and made me and trolly fish just a little harder after being played with a while i got to put one kittie on the boat and that made me happy putting a catfish on the boat with these two catfish legends. we fished on but the cats were hiding to far back under the floating weed canopy,so after some slow action we decided to cruise around the lake and see what was up. we ended up on a bait spot with a couple other boats ,normally the area is what i call striper alley at the mid,but we had no trolling gear and we were not going to trolling or throwing lures today ,other than the topwater stuff for in caase the boils happened. in that spot terry got to try his new best toy on the boat then I-PILOT it was totally the coolest thing ive got to experince in a while the best use of tech for fishing they have thought up with in a while. terry got it dialed in and we were hovering on the spot the fish were going thru but not biting. so after a while we decided to cruise around some more and see what was up, passing by several of the guys in the event for the day. we landed back at the kittie spot ,they were nibbling but just not going off, so we pulled out of there and rolled over to were i had told noho-art and fishincrave to go earlier in the day we were parked in the kittie spot and and i pointed out an area close by known for a bait bite. so we moved in the spot and fished around a little fleet of bait boys. we finished the day there with terry catching a couple stripeys me and chris just kept getting teased by the stripeys getting us bit and split action, so the sun was started to set so it was back to the marina and head home. thank you terry and chris for youre wonderfull company and great day of fishing , we didnt win anthing but that didnt matter to us three for this day of fun in sun,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0806xxxxxxxxxxx------------1111111111.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0807xxxxxx-------22222222222.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0809xxxxxxxxx--------------------444444444444.jpg
http://i403.photobucket.com/albums/pp113/troutonly/DSCN0808xxxxxxxx-------------------3333333333.jpg
sorry trolly for not putting up a fish pic with you with a fish ,if you would have just caught one i would have pleased to take that pic ,now get back out there somewhere and catch something,,,,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Big Daddy
07-01-2012, 09:19 AM
Great report TO what a Trio I Love that Boat look at them seats. They won't even let me ride in it though. The first time I saw the boat I said "Man look at these two high rollers in this cadilac" and then I look again at it's Trooltoon. Hahaha I know you had a lot of fun I can't imagine the 3 of you together wow non stop I would say.

BD

Troutman65
07-01-2012, 09:23 AM
Sweet looking boat Terry . You and Chris will be comfortable fishing from that boat . Congrats . Nice report T/O Thanks

trail blazer
07-01-2012, 10:07 AM
That was a NICE ride,,,,,,,,,way cool!

Great to see ya all out there.

TRAIL BLAZER

TaperSteve
07-01-2012, 10:44 AM
TO - Thanx for always contributing to the FNN community and putting up good reports.... way to go!

Trolltoon - Been hearing you guys talking about the boat, nice to see it out on the water! See y'all next weekend! We'll be getting together in the afternoon to fire up the grill. Stop by and say hello and fill your bellies with some good food before hitting the water for the evening.

TS

Hitts0n
07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
"Clifford The Big Red Lund" is a thing of beauty out on the waters! Great seeing you 3 as a team!
I was with Trolly,not really feeling it,tired but I wasn't on meds...lol
It was tuff fishing this day,but it was easy laughs and more memories! I hope to see CLIFFORD out
on the waters more often! Again,good seeing TrollTo0n0nly out on the waters!!

PONTOON
07-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Bob,

You and I had many memorable days on the Salmenoid Phenom and I'm sure you had enough of me talking about someday getting my own boat but there were some priorities I had set before I would allow myself to get real serious about ownership. Well, I got that priority list whittled down and with some help of a friend at Irvine lake I was able to make that dream a reality. I knew right away that I wanted to make sure you got on my boat and had the chance to sit back and relax while I returned the favor. I thought what better way than to fish the Striperfest with you and Trolly like we did one time on your boat. :Cool: I don't think we stopped laughing the whole time we were on the lake.
It was once again cool to reminice a little about the good old days at DVL and have a few laughs. We will definitely plan another outing and this time I'll rein in my buddy Trolly and make sure he's on his best behavior.:Wink:
Bob, thanks for spending the day with us two catfishermen and putting us on the kitty spot. Once we turned the corner and you pointed out where we needed to anchor I thought to myself "This spot looks awesome!" It was a pleasure to have you on board and now that we know how that i-Pilot works we'll really put it to good use. Thank you also for posting this report My Friend.:Thumbs Up:

Trout only hooked up on one of the kitties.....
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-30%20Striperfest/IMG_0697.jpg

T.O. sealing the deal. One for the skillet.....
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-30%20Striperfest/IMG_0698.jpg

Trolly getting some grub on.....
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-30%20Striperfest/IMG_0699.jpg

Just a little note to Gary and all of you who participated. Being able to even make it out this weekend was a last minute decision for myself and Trolly. Lot of things going on for both of us and sometimes we just don't know until the last minute if we are going to be able to make it. We also appreciate the fact that Trout Only would set aside making a serious attempt at fishing the tournament and spend the day with a couple of old buddies.
It was never our intent to just hit and run but there was a serious scare, an accident, that had Bob and I pretty worried about our friend and it was decided that I should get Trolly home to get some rest.
We would have enjoyed the banter between friends at the weigh in and being a part of the raffle as well as the fun that I know you had handing out the awards. So, with that said Bob and I never meant for it to look like we didn't want to participate or seem like we were dissing anyone. We were just worried about our fishing bud.
Great job setting this event up Gary and congratulations to the winners!:Cool:

Big Daddy, High Rollers? More like a couple of well fed hounds in the back of a new pick up!:LOL:
I never said you couldn't go for a ride..........get ready.

Troutman65, Thanks buddy! Comfort will be the key to a good nap on those biteless nights.:Wink:

Trail Blazer, Thanks very much. It's a dream come true! It was good to see you and Cutbait out on the water again. Sorry we weren't able to make it to the festivities and hope to see you guys again soon.:Cool:

Taper Steve, I'll bet you were thinking the boat was all talk. We'll have it out on the night sessions soon. and thanks for the invitation!:Cool:

Hitts, I read that and had to laugh. There is some similarities to Clifford.:LOL: Sometimes the laughs and comeraderie far out weigh catching the winning fish big or small.

fishinone
07-01-2012, 05:56 PM
What a nice boat. As you guys found out, I need one of those boats that you don't have to stear.You got some nice kitties.Good seeing you all out there.

Hitts0n
07-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Bob,

You and I had many memorable days on the Salmenoid Phenom and I'm sure you had enough of me talking about someday getting my own boat but there were some priorities I had set before I would allow myself to get real serious about ownership. Well, I got that priority list whittled down and with some help of a friend at Irvine lake I was able to make that dream a reality. I knew right away that I wanted to make sure you got on my boat and had the chance to sit back and relax while I returned the favor. I thought what better way than to fish the Striperfest with you and Trolly like we did one time on your boat. :Cool: I don't think we stopped laughing the whole time we were on the lake.
It was once again cool to reminice a little about the good old days at DVL and have a few laughs. We will definitely plan another outing and this time I'll rein in my buddy Trolly and make sure he's on his best behavior.:Wink:
Bob, thanks for spending the day with us two catfishermen and putting us on the kitty spot. Once we turned the corner and you pointed out where we needed to anchor I thought to myself "This spot looks awesome!" It was a pleasure to have you on board and now that we know how that i-Pilot works we'll really put it to good use. Thank you also for posting this report My Friend.:Thumbs Up:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-30%20Striperfest/IMG_0697.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-30%20Striperfest/IMG_0698.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/TeamTrolltoon/12-06-30%20Striperfest/IMG_0699.jpg

Just a little note to Gary and all of you who participated. Being able to even make it out this weekend was a last minute decision for myself and Trolly. Lot of things going on for both of us and sometimes we just don't know until the last minute if we are going to be able to make it. We also appreciate the fact that Trout Only would set aside making a serious attempt at fishing the tournament and spend the day with a couple of old buddies.
It was never our intent to just hit and run but there was a serious scare, an accident, that had Bob and I pretty worried about our friend and it was decided that I should get Trolly home to get some rest.
We would have enjoyed the banter between friends at the weigh in and being a part of the raffle as well as the fun that I know you had handing out the awards. So, with that said Bob and I never meant for it to look like we didn't want to participate or seem like we were dissing anyone. We were just worried about our fishing bud.

Big Daddy, High Rollers? More like a couple of well fed hounds in the back of a new pick up!:LOL:

Troutman65, Thanks buddy! Comfort will be the key to a good nap on those biteless nights.:Wink:

Trail Blazer, Thanks very much. It's a dream come true! It was good to see you and Cutbait out on the water again. Sorry we weren't able to make it to the festivities and hope to see you guys again soon.:Cool:

Taper Steve, I'll bet you were thinking the boat was all talk. We'll have it out on the night sessions soon. and thanks for the invitation!:Cool:

Hitts, I read that and had to laugh. There is some similarities to Clifford.:LOL: Sometimes the laughs and comeraderie far out weigh catching the winning fish big or small.

Terry just wanna let you know the respect level is there man and I know I can learn alot from you and Team Trollto0n0nly. When I see you guys reality checks in and all BS is to the side.Its kinda like when the President speaks.When the 3 best fishing vets I know are all together,WE NEED TO LISTEN.T/O has some very good tips he shares with me and only a very few.I respect that.Trolly always has me laughing no matter what,and I know his feeling as it runs in my family.Terry and Bob,you guys could own SOCAL alone as our friend regains his level of strenght!I really hope to see all 3 of Trollto0n0nly at the Co-Op.Us no0bs can learn alot from you guys!! It was fun over all and i'm glad I got to touch CLIFFORD The Big Red Lund as you guys road off!! Thanks again for your The Legend,The Troll Master,and The King Of Cats to show up for our event !

X - Hitts0n

BLUE WAGON
07-01-2012, 06:00 PM
the BIG red boat is awesome , should provide countless hours of good times
good to see the 3 of you out on the water..

Big Daddy
07-01-2012, 08:17 PM
Bob,

Pontoon your so funny. I am glad for you. I pick my I Pilot up on Tuesday can't wait to get it on my boat.
Man what a outing Trolly looks very content eating that old favorite of his "corn on the cob" and "TO , SO, KO (Kittie Only on the slay) man this is a great thread. Great report guy's I am glad you guy's got to spend some quality times together all of you deserve it.

Big Daddy
07-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Terry just wanna let you know the respect level is there man and I know I can learn alot from you and Team Trollto0n0nly. When I see you guys reality checks in and all BS is to the side.Its kinda like when the President speaks.When the 3 best fishing vets I know are all together,WE NEED TO LISTEN.T/O has some very good tips he shares with me and only a very few.I respect that.Trolly always has me laughing no matter what,and I know his feeling as it runs in my family.Terry and Bob,you guys could own SOCAL alone as our friend regains his level of strenght!I really hope to see all 3 of Trollto0n0nly at the Co-Op.Us no0bs can learn alot from you guys!! It was fun over all and i'm glad I got to touch CLIFFORD The Big Red Lund as you guys road off!! Thanks again for your The Legend,The Troll Master,and The King Of Cats to show up for our event !

X - Hitts0n

Hitts if you could get them 3 to come out you may be abble to charge a fee if they would put on a little seminar for us. Hitts Sign the "Big Boy's Up". Get it Inked and on the books buddy.

PONTOON
07-01-2012, 09:27 PM
What a nice boat. As you guys found out, I need one of those boats that you don't have to stear.You got some nice kitties.Good seeing you all out there.

fishinone, we were having no luck at all with the anchors when the wind came up. I saw you were having some frustration as well. Then I saw you heading our way and the wind was pushing you closer to us......all I could think about was it was good to meet you but damn, don't hit the i-pilot!:EyePop:

X - Hitts0n

Hitts, I'm humbled by your comments......Thank you.:Cool:

It's always a pleasure to fish with T.O. and Trolly together. The two of them always makes for some good times and memorable fishing trips.
I showed my wife the name you gave my boat and she said to me "Do you know the name of the little girl who hung around Clifford?" "Her name was Emily elizabeth." Well, since that's my wifes name I'm afraid Clifford will be the name for the red Lund from now on.:LOL:

the BIG red boat is awesome , should provide countless hours of good times
good to see the 3 of you out on the water..

BLUE WAGON, Thank you! It was good to see you and I'm hoping there will be plenty good times to ahead.:Cool:

Pontoon your so funny. I am glad for you. I pick my I Pilot up on Tuesday can't wait to get it on my boat.
Man what a outing Trolly looks very content eating that old favorite of his "corn on the cob" and "TO , SO, KO (Kittie Only on the slay) man this is a great thread. Great report guy's I am glad you guy's got to spend some quality times together all of you deserve it.

Big Daddy, You're going to ask yourself why you didn't get one sooner!:Cool:

I think the last time I threw out an anchor was when I threw it on to the driveway when I got home.

Hitts if you could get them 3 to come out you may be abble to charge a fee if they would put on a little seminar for us. Hitts Sign the "Big Boy's Up". Get it Inked and on the books buddy.

:LOL: Trolly does all the scheduling.

cutbait
07-02-2012, 04:32 AM
Kinda sucked not seeing you guys all day was really looking forward to it.

Looks like you guys had fun anyway.

Congrats on the boat, you should hear that Verado whine as you guys cruised by

Hitts0n
07-02-2012, 08:05 AM

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/hitts0n859/528783_344163195664661_139427463_n.jpg

X-Hitts =)

fishincrave
07-02-2012, 08:28 AM
It was great seeing you all three legends in one boat WOW WHAT A TREAT good times were had and lot's of laughter .

Hope trolly is feeling better man he does go all out for some attention LOL .

Nice boat Terry enjoy it Brother .

The fishing wasn't as good as we wanted for us but seeing all you guys in one small area was a blast ..

Sean

PONTOON
07-02-2012, 07:37 PM
Kinda sucked not seeing you guys all day was really looking forward to it.

Looks like you guys had fun anyway.

Congrats on the boat, you should hear that Verado whine as you guys cruised by

Cutbait, sorry we didn't have a chance to talk with you and trail Blazer afterwards. Things just didn't turn out to where we were able to stay. It was definitely good to spend the day with Bob on one of his fishin' holes.

By the way that was one heck of a stringer you guys had when you cruised by!:Cool:

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/n594/hitts0n859/528783_344163195664661_139427463_n.jpg

X-Hitts =)

:LOL: Very cool hitts!

It was great seeing you all three legends in one boat WOW WHAT A TREAT good times were had and lot's of laughter .

Hope trolly is feeling better man he does go all out for some attention LOL .

Nice boat Terry enjoy it Brother .

The fishing wasn't as good as we wanted for us but seeing all you guys in one small area was a blast ..

Sean

Fishincrave, it was definitely good to see you again and Trolly got all the attention he needed that day.:Smile:

Santa Fe Eric
07-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Awesome Post! An even Awesomer Boat!
I am so happy for you Terry! I know some fish will be slayed on that boat!

SFE

PONTOON
07-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Awesome Post! An even Awesomer Boat!
I am so happy for you Terry! I know some fish will be slayed on that boat!

SFE

Santa Fe Eric!!!!!! It's an honor to have you reply to our post!:Cool:

Thank you!:Thumbs Up:

Santa Fe Eric
07-10-2012, 10:58 PM
Not to jump on the bandwagon, but I too must agree that the I-pilot is great. I was fortunate enough to have to make the choice between the Minn-Kota Talon and the I-Pilot. I rolled with the I-pilot and have a box anchor folded in the gear locker. Haven't used the box anchor yet. When I was at Shasta 2 weeks ago I would leave the dock at night and lock myself into a spot feeling fairly confident that I wouldnt drift more than 5 or so feet in either direction. Once again "Sweet Whip".

SFE

numbnuts
07-12-2012, 10:28 PM
Terry congrats on the boat buddy - she is beautiful.

troutdog
07-12-2012, 10:52 PM
I showed my wife the name you gave my boat and she said to me "Do you know the name of the little girl who hung around Clifford?" "Her name was Emily elizabeth." Well, since that's my wifes name I'm afraid Clifford will be the name for the red Lund from now on.:LOL:

That is CLASSIC :Thumbs Up::LOL:

Nice report T/O....Terry enjoy the new addition to the family!

TD