PDA

View Full Version : L.A. River Action

vortec_cruiser
06-30-2012, 02:34 PM
I had to go visit my brother this morning, so I decided to hit the L.A. River, which is a few miles from his house.
The water and bottom conditions were much better than they were last year, so I figured it would be a good morning for fishing. I was right. Fishing for a couple hours yielded several bites and two nice fish. I wanted to stay longer, but I had other matters to attend to, but next weekend I'm going back. :Wink:

Both fish were gently released.

I only photographed the first fish, but the other one was just a bit shorter. This one is a couple feet long.
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/luvtnt/1341069436948.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r229/luvtnt/1341069430793.jpg

reelgurlzfish
06-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Where is the LA river?

vortec_cruiser
06-30-2012, 02:45 PM
Where is the LA river?

That's the Los Angeles River, which runs from Burbank to Long Beach Harbor.

Viejo
06-30-2012, 03:55 PM
The area being fished is right below the Hyperion Effluent treatment center where the treated sewage water is released and added to the natural flow coming down from the mountains. They say it perfectly safe but the conditions there are.....what could I say....pretty rugged on a warm day. The carp are also just as wary and elusive as they are in other waters. Catching a fish here takes skill and a gentle touch.

SHOOTER2496
06-30-2012, 04:15 PM
The area being fished is right below the Hyperion Effluent treatment center where the treated sewage water is released and added to the natural flow coming down from the mountains. They say it perfectly safe but the conditions there are.....what could I say....pretty rugged on a warm day. The carp are also just as wary and elusive as they are in other waters. Catching a fish here takes skill and a gentle touch.

I think it is pretty easy to hook up on to carp in the l.a river, every time my family and i go we catch more than 10 fish each.
I would post reports but but it dose'nt let me post pics so i dont bother.

white belt
06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
I think it is pretty easy to hook up on to carp in the l.a river, every time my family and i go we catch more than 10 fish each.
I would post reports but but it dose'nt let me post pics so i dont bother.

Not being able to post a pic shouldnt stop you. I would want to know how/where you fish for these guys! i have no luck with carp.

ScottyP
06-30-2012, 09:13 PM
It was nice fishing out there this morning with you Ed. I'm usually the only one crazy enough to be out there.
I ended up catching one more smaller guy right after you left. I'll see you at the spot next Saturday.

vortec_cruiser
06-30-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm glad to have finally met you, Scott. I enjoyed fishing and talking with you, besides being able to catch some nice fish. I will definitely be there next Saturday morning for more of the same.

Cartman
07-01-2012, 06:57 AM
WTG, Ed. I'm glad to hear your fishing spot is back in good condition.

vortec_cruiser
07-01-2012, 02:47 PM
WTG, Ed. I'm glad to hear your fishing spot is back in good condition.

Good to hear from you, Jon. Yeah, the area seems to be better than ever.

The Fishing Queen
07-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Nice carp, Ed! I think we were fishing at that spot last week.

vortec_cruiser
07-01-2012, 11:31 PM
Nice carp, Ed! I think we were fishing at that spot last week.

Boy, Alice, you seem to be fishing everywhere in So. California. I certainly envy you. :Big Grin:
By the way, how did you do?

Chizzle
07-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Nice catch but where is the fishing spot I get the LA river around what area and can you fish anywhere or is there certain spots?

DockRat
07-03-2012, 07:50 AM
Nice catch but where is the fishing spot I get the LA river around what area and can you fish anywhere or is there certain spots?

Welcome to FNN.
Public access areas are legal.
I pack pepper spray and a blade.
DR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdD4xVKw5bI

TUNAVIC
07-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Welcome to FNN.
Public access areas are legal.
I pack pepper spray and a b

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdD4xVKw5bI
Wow,that dude should have his own show!

DarkShadow
07-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Wow,that dude should have his own show!

The Dodgers are in need of a good pitcher. Someone call that guy's agent!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dark "Keep Everything I Catch" Shadow
Brigadier Sergeant at Arms
BUCKET BRIGADE REPRESENT!!!

http://s13.postimage.org/h741ezw3n/BUCKET.png

www.bucketbrigadeer.com (http://www.bucketbrigadeer.com/)
Chasing stocking trux and bustin capz. That's how we roll!

The Fishing Queen
07-03-2012, 09:19 PM
:LOL: this video is pretty funny! That guy was good, but he might get a ticket by "catching fish by rock" if DFG sees him doing that.

The Fishing Queen
07-03-2012, 10:12 PM
Boy, Alice, you seem to be fishing everywhere in So. California. I certainly envy you. :Big Grin:
By the way, how did you do?

I'm exploring a few new fishing areas in SB county now a days. Too busy to fishing, and less time for writing the reports. I have time to fish now while the kids are out of school. After they go back to school, I have to stay and fish at the local lakes close by their schools.

We all got skunked at the LA river that day.

Stray Cat
07-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Awesome video!

bwong247
07-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Can you tell me where at LA River your at? i went there near Fletcher Drive and walked a bit upwards and had no luck. the crosstreets, thanks

charrleslee
07-25-2012, 11:04 PM
anyone know if there are any other fish in the LA river or if its just carp infested?

Viejo
07-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Not sure if the word "infested" applies. Carp live along the entire range of the LA river. There are a number of other fish species as well but most are small. Google LA River fish and see what you come up with.

Skyler
07-26-2012, 08:26 AM
I know the mullet will occasionally run up the river. As for the carp, those fish would look a lot better with an arrow sticking out of their head, he he he...