PDA

View Full Version : Reccomendations for a good beach for a kid and fishing?

Ifishtoolittle
06-29-2012, 11:30 PM
*I just realized that I spelled recommendations wrong.

Hello my fellow FNNers! How is everyone feeling today? Good? Allow me to begin by typing that my uncle and cousin will be coming to the states from China on Monday for their annual summer trip to Socal. Long story short, I usually try to fish with them as much as possible, but the local lakes are getting boring and moo moos can get pretty expensive. So, I was wondering if any kind surf gentlemen and women could lend me a hand in recommending a good place to fish for perch and other misc. surf species AND a good place for a hyperactive 10 year old boy to go nuts by the water. The situation will very likely result in me and my uncle fishing while my cousin knocks himself out in the water but not literally of course. Thank you everyone.

-IF2L (Bryan)

smokehound
06-30-2012, 02:02 AM
laguna :LOL:

i always liked newport. my niece loves it there, they can play around and catch crabs from the rocks and stuff. Does the kid like boogie boarding?

bassfishing24/7
06-30-2012, 02:12 AM
Will rogers beach north of santa Monica pier is pretty good for surf perch and yfc.$7 parking fees but not too crowded in the early am.

Ifishtoolittle
07-02-2012, 11:16 PM
laguna :LOL:

i always liked newport. my niece loves it there, they can play around and catch crabs from the rocks and stuff. Does the kid like boogie boarding?

Lol that's funny. I've seen the waves at NP and they can be pretty gnarly. My cousin doesn't boogie board, but the crabs and sand would probably keep him busy for a while.

Will rogers beach north of santa Monica pier is pretty good for surf perch and yfc.$7 parking fees but not too crowded in the early am.

Will rogers beach eh? I'll look into that. Thanks!