PDA

View Full Version : Im buying a float tube and im a big guy what is a good one?

Big_Mike
08-23-2007, 10:03 AM
Im looking at the trout unlimited togiak it says it holds 350 lbs so far i got all my gear and my force fins but the strap barly fits is that ok? :?:

BBL2Baja
08-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Im looking at the trout unlimited togiak it says it holds 350 lbs so far i got all my gear and my force fins but the strap barly fits is that ok? :?:

There was a thread a little bit ago about this:
http://www.fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=6122

As I said in that thread, I'm a big dude and am quite comfortable and very mobile in the Caddis Navigator II. A lot of guys are Outcast brand fans as well.

What strap are you talking about? The fin strap? If that's the case, are you wearing them over stocking foot waders or flats boots? Or are you trying them on barefoot? If they are tight while barefoot, you may have a problem if you decide to wear any type of footwear while toobin' (like stockingfoot waders during colder weather).

Later,
Scott

Big_Mike
08-23-2007, 10:56 AM
the strap on the fin when i have my waders and my booty on that should be fine right?

sonarbp
08-23-2007, 11:50 AM
Hey Big_Mike,

I am a big guy, 300lbs 6'-1" and the togiak is the tube I use. It will hold you just fine and it is easy to maintain. About the fins as long as they are comfortable they should be fine. I have tried alot of different typpe fins and to be honest....I seem to always go back to my cheap surge fins!!!! They are comfartable and give plenty of thrust.

sonarbp

Fisher-of-Men
08-23-2007, 05:22 PM

I got just the right float tube for you Mike. I happened to be on the site doing some browsing.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/i315379sn03.jpg

You sound like a big boy; so this ought to do the trick :!:
350 lb capacity

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... 567315379a (http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_319536&id=0001567315379a)

See ya out there!!

Fisher-of-Men

Ronira
08-23-2007, 05:56 PM
That's a cool looking tube. :thumb:

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
Hey Now Big_Mike, check out sierra trading post, i've ordered allot of fishing and other stuff from them, good quality and good prices.

Z

FISH ON !

Water Skeeter Daytripper Float Tube
$139.95 $199.00 Save 29% Item #70793
Be first to rate this product

# Ideal for stillwater anglers to use on their favorite lakes or ponds. This float tube from Water Skeeter is triple-stitched with adjustable nylon web backpack straps and a two-tier 420 denier nylon covered top section with head rest. Insulated drink holder
# Two large zippered storage bag
# Soft fly patch
# Adjustable web straps
# Carry pack
# Repair kit included
# Size (L/W/H): 5x4x3'
# Capacity: 350 lb.
# Weight: 17 lb.
# Material:
# Bladders: .05 mm PVC with "Boston" valves (4) separate air bladders
# Seat: 600 denier nylon zippered with 6" closed cell foam cushion for additional flotation
# Stripping Apron: Mesh coated with aluminum stabilizer bar
# Closeouts. China.

Big_Mike
08-23-2007, 08:25 PM
I feel sketchy buying it off line what if some thing is wrong with it then i have to ship it back and i did see the day tripper i looked in to it and a lot of people say after 6 months to a year the stitches ripped i know you can find more bad talk on line then good and thats because the people with the good talk are out having fun and the people with the bad talk just want to sit and *****. im not sure if i want to go with the trout unlimited or the day tripper but if i was to buy it now i think i will still go with the trout unlimited. and thanks for showing me that other coll one but i don't have 400 to blow on a tube but if you or any one else would like to give me one or buy it for me i would be more then happy with that. lol. No really. :lol:

Z-TUNAKILLER
08-23-2007, 08:45 PM
Big_Mike, good luck on your search, if money is the problem just keep looking, i spent 5 weeks searching for a new toon and all my time paid off, i just ordered one today, i saved $350. off list . if ur cool with used hit ebay, summer is almost gone and there will be some great deals i'm sure.

Z

FISH ON !

Ghost
08-25-2007, 12:56 PM
STAY AWAY from the TU Togiak & the Water Skeeter. Not many happy tubers that have bought them. Look at BPS & Cabelas under those tubes & you can see quite a few negative comments. Buddy had the Togiak & the stitching was coming undone in less than a couple months of use. The Water Skeeter, the tubes will push out from your weight & your butt will be in the water & it will become quite a chore to paddle around.

The Outcast Fat Cat is the way to go. This is a quality made tube that holds weight good. It manuevers very easily. Price is steep, but well worth it. Don't get the Super Fat Cat w/ the inflatable seat & back rest. I've read of people who have develped pin hole leaks around the seat & backrest.

I am selling my Fat Cat, if interested shoot me a PM for info.

Big_Mike
08-25-2007, 03:54 PM
ha ha gost i was searching on ebay for the Outcast Fat Cat and some one has your tube as one of there pics.