PDA

View Full Version : Corona lake 6/28

Leejahd
06-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Well after waiting some time to take out my new SFC I decided o take a trip to corona for some catfish action I got there around 4:00 to find a few cars in line.
I went into the tackle shop and bought some meal worms and night crawlers and some marshmallow since I had forgotten mine at home. I had planned to have some fun with a Ultra light that I had brought and a Shakespeare that I use for cats. I will later find it that the ultra light would do me wrong . I launched behind the tackle shop and worked the area a bit for a couple bites I figured it was some blue gill trying to take my NC. So I paddled out to the boat dock. and started drifting towards the back trees but as I passed a pontoon thy was fishing mid lake I get a double bendo one on my ultra light with the M/M combo and my Shakespeare with shrimp. My UL was peeling line and I had to put down my other rod and brought in a nice 2lb blue cat and lost the other one. So I rebaited both my rods and went on for another drift yet again right in front of the people I'm the pontoon I get a double bendo! This time I feel like I have a nice sized fish from the fight its putting up there was a lot of under water structure that I had to be careful with not to get snagged. I finally bring in the fish and it was a nice 3 1/2-4 blue.
this happened a few more times but I lost many fish due to them heading foe the structure I finally put away the ULwas due to losing maybe my limit already. After drifting by the pontoon they cast into my drift and that was the end of that I caught 3 and lost about 10 they hit everything I had which was a good sign. I had my fun even though I lost so many fish. Everything was dipped in Bite-On Cajun . The bite on definitely produced more bites I. I was able to get some Go pro footage but right now I do not have any internet access only on y phone. Here is a pic of the nice blue I got http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb430/lrivera65/2012-06-28_18-58-20_633.jpg

Mr T-rex
06-29-2012, 11:53 AM
Nice fatty!! Good job bro .. It must of hurt losing those 10 cats what a heartbreaker

Leejahd
06-29-2012, 11:58 AM
It was my fault they kept biting on the ultra light no matter what I was throwing oh well!

Mr T-rex
06-29-2012, 12:08 PM
It was a good experience right haha!! How is corona by the way ? i have not been there i usually stick to sarl but this season has not been good at all

angelsfan951
06-29-2012, 03:32 PM
Way to go out there it really pays off to be out on the actual water instead of shore its producing some fish. Were u able to find the fish right away or did u have to go on a hunt for them??

Kelster
06-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Good to hear you got out on the water and better you caught some fish.

Leejahd
06-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Way to go out there it really pays off to be out on the actual water instead of shore its producing some fish. Were u able to find the fish right away or did u have to go on a hunt for them??
I believe I was in the area you talked about because there was ad structure man lost many to the it. Bit the spot did have fish that produced. Thanks for the heads up.

Perris_holic
06-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Did you fish the am session or the pm?

esteban1t
06-29-2012, 09:18 PM
what pound test was the ultra light ?

Leejahd
06-30-2012, 12:55 AM
Did you fish the am session or the pm?

Fished the afternoon session for about 5hours

Leejahd
06-30-2012, 12:56 AM
what pound test was the ultra light ?

6lb test my man.

angelsfan951
06-30-2012, 08:20 PM
I believe I was in the area you talked about because there was ad structure man lost many to the it. Bit the spot did have fish that produced. Thanks for the heads up.

for sure glad i could help