PDA

View Full Version : How do you catch fish and get skunk'd at the same time...

.:LOLLY:.
06-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Went rock hopping with a buddy yesterday and man did I work up a sweat. I Almost fell in the drink a couple of times LOL.

Total fish count of the day for me was five of these guys and two missed mystery fish... I though I was at IHOP with all the pancakes being served.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i400/LOLLY5105/2012062895190614_2-1.jpg

As for the skunk part...I got one...LITERALLY! Well, I didn't get skunk'd but my truck did LOL. I was driving home after fishing and a damn suicidal skunk ran right in front of me and it was too quick for me to swerve. I got to a stop sign and rolled down my window to tell my buddy and yup, it was official. The best part was when I went to the Pollo Loco drive-thru...yup, they noticed!

I know I know BS without pics but I can't take pics of smell (although I wish I could LOL)

5150fishn
06-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Nice job on the fish but a bummer on the skunk!LOL That will take a while to get rid of.

SP Dan
06-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Hey .:LOLLY:.,

Ha ha ha! :LOL::Big Smile::EyePop: You give a whole new "truer" meaning to our term....being :Skunk: skunked!
PS....I'd run your truck through the car wash :Singing In Rain:....to see if they also notice anything smelly.... as you watch them through the glass.... while biting into your El Polio chicken drumstick! ha ha ha!

Great report! :LOL:
Has me in tears! :ROFL:

SP Dan <"))><

fishinone
06-29-2012, 04:09 PM
LOL Great report! but I'm confused.

Which Way Out
06-29-2012, 05:45 PM
The gift that keeps on giving.:Skunk:

Side note. I swerved to miss one once, and thought I made. But NOOOOO!!!
Sprayed the entire side of my dually. It should of run, because the outside dual tire got him. Swift justice:whistle:

Otherwise you had a ok day fishing and some good tasting dinner after.
Thanks for sharing and I glad we don't have smella vision yet.:Shocked:

WWO

DockRat
06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
I like skunk. Good job at http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d199/ACogura/ihop.jpg
DR

smokehound
06-30-2012, 01:50 AM
That sucks.. Their poor eyesight really makes them vulnerable to cars..

We have a family of skunks living in our backyard, watching them all help each other gave me a soft spot for them.

There's this stuff called skunk off that works great. Never been sprayed by one, but the professional skunk trappers use it.

Ifishtoolittle
06-30-2012, 01:59 AM
haha you got skunked! Literally! Ah don't feel too bad about your truck. At my house a damn skunk decided to spray is wonderful odor all around my house so now my dogs, my backyard, and every room in my house wreaks of the odor.

Oh and nice job on the 5 pancakes.

I*B*CATCHIN
07-01-2012, 07:54 AM
You seem to find away to do everything ....:LOL:

murrieta angler
07-03-2012, 04:41 PM
I thought for sure that you wer gonna report that "YOU" got zapped by a skunk.
SP Dan and I hit up a beach not to long ago and there were 3 of them there on the surf... : 0
I kept looking back to see if the next person to arrive would see them in time or get a smell shower from one of them.
Thanks for the report,
Robert
<><

bachiboy
07-03-2012, 11:36 PM
Wow...not sure which skunk I woulda preferred. I think I'd opt for the lack of fish option...then again...:LOL:

Congrats on the pancakes! You still came out ahead in the end. :Wink:

Don