PDA

View Full Version : Sea Eagle Inflatable Boat

Chasing Blues
06-26-2012, 09:05 PM
Anyone have any experience with inflatable boats? I am thinking of the Sea Eagle SE 9 which is 11 x 4' 8". It holds a troller up to 70 thrust and a gas motor up to 3HP. The link is http://www.seaeagle.com/MotormountBoats.aspx The alternative is a Kayak but they seem too confining, although most of my friends have one. To me the "tubes" seem sturdy and versatile. Would appreciate any feedback, good bad ugly.

Thanks a bunch

Hometown
06-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Looks a little flimsy take a look at the frame less ponton I have seen these and look well made

Kevman
06-26-2012, 10:43 PM
I'd find a good condition used hypalon Zodiac or Achilles off of craigs if I were you. Same price, way better durability, and can take a bigger motor with more safety as well.

INDOANGLER2.1
06-29-2012, 03:25 PM
My buddy has the Sea Eagle kayak and i tried it on Crowley for the opener and was very impressed with the quality, the thick rubber material felt like sitting in a regular kayak. I was in a regular one last year and flipped it by a big wave, the Sea Eagle was wide enough and didn't have that problem. I'm also impressed with the weight it holds up to 650 lbs. I can't comment on the other models, but from the ads they look well made and very portable and easy to put together.

evosamurai
06-29-2012, 10:02 PM
dont end up like the guys @ irvine....just sayin

Cartman
06-30-2012, 09:54 AM
My wife got a Sea Eagle 370 Sport Kayak for her birthday this month. It holds two easily and goes really fast. Very stable. She likes paddling me around while I catch fish for dinner. That's fun for me. Then she dumps me off and goes zooming around the lake. Works great for bird-watching, too. I think it's pretty amazing how far inflatables have come, and how inexpensive they are. This, however, is no motor boat.

Chasing Blues
07-01-2012, 04:22 PM
Thanks to all of you who responded. I appreciate your opinions. I did take your remarks into consideration and decided to order the one I have been studying. I will let you know how is goes and esp if I get any good catches!

Ultralight
09-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Sea Eagle are fine units - BUT they spend $$$ in advertising. That's why they are so well known.

There are other brands that are equal or better for about 40% but hardly do any advertising. THey do not have as many variety as Sea Eagle but are made in Korea also like the Sea Eagle. For example, Saturn Inflatables are a bit thicker, but cost about 40% less - thus MUCH better values. But Sea Eagle is the big dawg and do have some unique designs that they came up with.

UL