PDA

View Full Version : I caught a Bonefish in Newport Harbor

FIT TO BE BIT
08-23-2007, 06:54 AM
I was fishing in Newport Harbor Monday afternoon on August 20th when I landed this Bonefish. It was released unharmed after this photo was taken.
I caught it on a home cured salted Pinhead Anchovy.
I noticed a few other Bonefish working in the area in the shallows, so there must be a resident population of Bonefish in Newport Harbor.
Al "FIT TO BE BIT" Schneider
http://www.bloodydecks.com/gallery/files/9/9/3/7/Bonefish2.JPG

PUDD MASTER BAITER
08-23-2007, 07:01 AM
IVE GOT AN 8WT AND 10WT FLY ROD JUST ITCHING FOR A FIGHT. IF YOU DONT MIND, ID LIKE TO BE A LURKER FOR ONCE ,AND ASK ABOUT WHERE THESE SHALLOWS WERE YOU SAW THEM WORKING. SEND ME A PM. IF YOU DONT MIND.GOOD JOB .MIKE THE PMB.LURKER.......

sonarbp
08-23-2007, 07:25 AM
Hey Al,

Nice fish....hope to get down there soon to do a little more bay fishing from the tube.....maybe I can get lucky and hook me a bonefish!!!!

sonarbp

crivera175
08-23-2007, 11:50 AM
:thumb:

Tundy
08-24-2007, 04:38 PM
From what I understand, they were brought here by some of our local tournament anglers. I was told some baby bones were caught down in mexico while trying to net for bait. These little bones were kept in the bait tanks, surviving a trip back to so cal, then dumped into several local bays. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about a lot more people catching them in the near future.

ghetto dad
08-24-2007, 04:45 PM
hey crivera...dude, your avatar is just wrong...lol!!!! is that a turd or a sausage??? lol..... :lol:

TrabucoDom
08-25-2007, 06:50 AM
Hey Al, I believe I met you in Newport when you caught that fish. I was the guy that came fishing just after you arrived and ended up fishing just to the left of you for a little while. You were hitting a bunch of fish on bloodworms too, right? You kicked some butt there! Catch you again another time. Dominic

jeff4321
08-25-2007, 11:44 AM
i didnt know bonefish run up this far.